Primary and secondary TPS volt values

Looks like the primary plates arent open. This seems normal at idle. The secondarys are slightly open which would cause your voltages to be different. I am no expert so maybe somebody with more knowledge than me will chime in :cool:

In the service manual when I discusses replacing the secondary TPS there is no mention of calibrating it as it does the primary.

It may be different because the tune you loaded likely has the secondaries open 100% at all throttle positions, where at idle your primary TPS voltage is lower because the primary throttle plates are barely open. I bet if you went WOT, the primary tps voltage would read similar.

Yes, I did load a tune with secondaries open 100 percent, at all throttle positions. I did find in the Service Manual - Rocket 1111 Classic 1 Touring where it did mention to set it as well to .6 volts - Look at page 400 and/or section 11.196 in the Service Manual - Rocket 1111 Classic 1 Touring and it describes it.

I am assuming then, this setting will be null and void since I adjusted the secondary throttle plates to 100 percent via Tuneboy?

I don't see why it would give the same voltage reading as the primary when it is closed and they are open. So if you hold the secondaries closed are the voltage readings in spec? Do you get a similar value on the primary TPS at 100% throttle (don't do with engine running BTW)?

Are you having problems with your bike or does someone need to step away from the computer?:D

I don't see why it would give the same voltage reading as the primary when it is closed and they are open. So if you hold the secondaries closed are the voltage readings in spec? Do you get a similar value on the primary TPS at 100% throttle (don't do with engine running BTW)?

Are you having problems with your bike or does someone need to step away from the computer?:D

:p Yes, I'm just being inquisitive. And curious.

I would recommend taking the secondary plates out all together. It will give her even more snap on the bottom because your not waiting for the servo to open the secondaries to the programmed 100%. They serve no function other than cutting down on the fun !

I would recommend taking the secondary plates out all together. It will give her even more snap on the bottom because your not waiting for the servo to open the secondaries to the programmed 100%. They serve no function other than cutting down on the fun !

I concur. Have installed the three K&N's so it'll be easy to remove them. I'll probably do that some time this week. Snow on the ground makes for lots of time to work on the bikes; in the sheds.

I concur. Have installed the three K&N's so it'll be easy to remove them. I'll probably do that some time this week. Snow on the ground makes for lots of time to work on the bikes; in the sheds.

Don't know if the storm will make it all the way up where you are, but if it does you may have to tie a string to house to find your way back from the shed !:D

Don't know if the storm will make it all the way up where you are, but if it does you may have to tie a string to house to find your way back from the shed !:D

Ha! The shed is roughly 80 feet away, and it's in a fenced yard. I'll just continue to bounce off the fences until I find that back door to the casa.... :D

Back