Pre-Filter/Bling for triple K&N's ????

It took long enough but thanks to fasteddy's part numbers, the covers from OuterWears finally showed up ...

Attachments

• 10-30-2009-111446.jpg
    10-30-2009-111446.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 747
  • 10-30-2009-111356.jpg
    10-30-2009-111356.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 635
Last edited:
Like those redheads you have there, Hellfire. Are those exhaust slip-ons and, if so, what kind?

Like those redheads you have there, Hellfire. Are those exhaust slip-ons and, if so, what kind?
Naw, those are Triumphs Off Road exhaust. I had tried D&D's and tinkered with the baffles trying to get the sound I wanted out of them, but to me they sounded like a Cessna. They also made the left side of the bike look kind of naked, so when I ran across a set of TOR's for a good price I sold off the D&D's. I'd love a set of Jardines but can't justify the expense. One of the original selling points of the bike to me was the exhaust and the way it flared out at the back, so I like the stock look. I'd rather just have two like the new roadster, but these sound really good.
The TOR's and cat bypass flow really well. Technically they aren't street legal, but the inspectors would have to look at the printing under the pipes to determin that, and I don't think they are that thorough.
When they make a replacement header for the TOR's I'll probably go for that.

I'm looking forward to hearing the tone and timbre of the Mad Dog slip-ons when my R3 arrives in about 2 weeks. I really like their look, parrallel with the ground and I'm told that they have a deep-throated, mellow sound. I agree with you, Hellfire the TOR setup sounded like a really harsh turboprop motor!

Back