Power port to USB?

Here is a US example... Amazon.com: Cllena DIN Hella Powerlet Plug to Dual Quick Charge 3.0 USB Charger Adapter with LED Voltmeter for BMW Motorcycle (Blue)

I use something similar on my R3GT and it works pretty well. There are many options but the DIN Hella Plug is what you are after.

Mine has two USB (a Type-C and a Type-A) ports that I supply power to a phone and a GoPro Hero 8. Some issues but I think they were cable and not plug related. All good now.
I purchased the Cllena DIN Hella Powerlet Plug to Dual Quick Charge 3.0 USB Charger Adapter with LED Voltmeter. When I put it in the power port right under the windshield of the 2023 Rocket 3 GT it’s very loose. I have to wiggle it and hold it to make contact to show the LED voltmeter. Would you have any idea why it’s not snug?

I purchased the Cllena DIN Hella Powerlet Plug to Dual Quick Charge 3.0 USB Charger Adapter with LED Voltmeter. When I put it in the power port right under the windshield of the 2023 Rocket 3 GT it’s very loose. I have to wiggle it and hold it to make contact to show the LED voltmeter. Would you have any idea why it’s not snug?
It fits fine in my unit. There is a cap with a spring over the socket, did you pull it back all the way to enable the DIN to fully seat? If that's not it, look in the socket itself, make sure nothing is in there (bugs, dirt, whatever) and if that's not it, take it to the dealer or a bike shop.

I've had 3 of these from different manufacturers, they all seated in the socket fine. I have 35,000km on mine without any issue from the socket or it seating properly.
This is the current one.

Why 3 so far? I bought one, it was a POS. Bought two and figured I'd try them both and I have a spare if one fails. I power my QuadLock Qi Charger and a GoPro MAX with mine. No issues over lots of miles.

It fits fine in my unit. There is a cap with a spring over the socket, did you pull it back all the way to enable the DIN to fully seat? If that's not it, look in the socket itself, make sure nothing is in there (bugs, dirt, whatever) and if that's not it, take it to the dealer or a bike shop.

I've had 3 of these from different manufacturers, they all seated in the socket fine. I have 35,000km on mine without any issue from the socket or it seating properly.
This is the current one.

Why 3 so far? I bought one, it was a POS. Bought two and figured I'd try them both and I have a spare if one fails. I power my QuadLock Qi Charger and a GoPro MAX with mine. No issues over lots of miles.
This is what the adapter looks like and this is what the port looks like. I didn’t see a cap with a spring.

Attachments

• IMG_0691.jpeg
    IMG_0691.jpeg
    166 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0692.jpeg
    IMG_0692.jpeg
    183.6 KB · Views: 13
This is the cap with the spring that I was referring to (the red arrow is pointing to it)...

That's the socket, that's HELLA DIN plug. Should seat. Beyond that, I've got not much else...

Did you buy the bike new or used? Looks like the contacts in the socket have been spread apart. They (the contacts) are supposed to lip over the first part of the plug and seat / contact it. Do you have a pair of needle nose pliers, maybe bring the contacts a little closer so they mate with the copper part you see there (power). The outer of the HELLA DIN is ground and contacts to the outer wall of the socket. Should work for you.

1688603237001.png

Last edited:
This is the cap with the spring that I was referring to (the red arrow is pointing to it)...

That's the socket, that's HELLA DIN plug. Should seat. Beyond that, I've got not much else...

Did you buy the bike new or used? Looks like the contacts in the socket have been spread apart. They (the contacts) are supposed to lip over the first part of the plug and seat / contact it. Do you have a pair of needle nose pliers, maybe bring the contacts a little closer so they mate with the copper part you see there (power). The outer of the HELLA DIN is ground and contacts to the outer wall of the socket. Should work for you.

1688603237001.png
Moving the copper connections together and straightening them made the connection firmer. Thank you. But it’s not as firm like a 12v socket cigarette lighter would be. Obviously, I’m not used to this type of socket.

Back