Just the little I know about the Autotune is you replace the stock narrowband 02 sensor with a wideband sensor that keeps the AF mixture at optimum level. I think if you change elevation alot it works well and is probably necessary. I am sure some one will be along with more details. Also I've had a PC3 on my 05 Rocket for years if you invest in Power commander 5 w/ Autotune I'd just roll with that and forget TuneECU.

Changes in elevation may account for some of the issues I'm having. I live at a higher elevation than when I had it tuned and then traveling about this area the elevation varies quite a bit. Glad you mentioned that- thanks.

i have one i used for a couple of months it is like brand new. 130 plus ship. going on vacation real soon.
the pc5 will let u use two maps if u install a switch.
on my 07 i either needed a tuner or the auto tune

Well, darn, just found one for $200 on flea bay and thought I was doing good. Wish I had seen your post earlier.

I installed an air/fuel gauge and a wideband o2 so I can constantly see my bikes state of tune. Elevation and temperature seems to have no effect on my custom tune.

OK, Have a PC 5 waiting for me to install and have the auto tune device on its way. Both bought used off fleabay. I plan to reload the PC tune my guy did (currently running a TuneECU conversion of that tune) and add the autotune to see what improvements it makes. Not sure how to use AutoTune so I may be back with more questions....

I installed an air/fuel gauge and a wideband o2 so I can constantly see my bikes state of tune. Elevation and temperature seems to have no effect on my custom tune.
ime - Elevation and thus ambient AIR pressure does most certainly have an affect. 20% less pressure is 20% less. Temp less so - the R3 is after all a low compression block.

Air/fuel ratio doesn't seem to change no matter the elevation.
Because the stock ECU will correct within limits.

What however I do see is a change in ABSOLUTE intake manifold pressure running (cruising) at (say) 80mph at sea level and 1000metres. And can totally feel a different throttle response. But Nev is, as always, correct - we all tend to over think. I stand guilty - but it keeps me sane.

Back