Poorman's Supercharger?

60 amps

Pig9r:

I hope your battery and harness will handle 60 amps of pull for even a short duration. In as much as your EFI depends on a threshold voltage I wonder if the E-Charger could drop the threshold voltage below the minimum operating parameter? I know there is no way the R3 alternator will produce 60 amps (without looking it up in the shop manual, just assuming).

High current for short duration is drawn directly from your battery, not your alternator. Just like your starter motor.
Except... :D.... your battery is directly connected to your alternator. So at some time during the process the alternator will suck horsepower to recharge the battery. Any time you convert mechanical energy to electrical energy and then back again you loose something in the translation. The best set up in that regard is a turbo that doesn't suck any horsepower, next would be a supercharger that pulls horsepower from the crank but doesn't have that "lag". I guess I'm splitting hairs here, this may work just for short blasts like a NOS setup, but it just leaves me feeling empty and hollow inside :eek:.

Someone buy one and tell us if its worth it....:roll:

blown

Some people will buy anything. Just wish I was the one reaping the bucks. I did see a stupid video with kids and a souped up leaf blower that doubled the HP on some little car before it blew up. But u needed a quarter mile extension cord. Jack

Back