Poll... when will you retire from riding?

When will you retire from riding?

• I can't ride ever, my mum won't let me

Votes: 2 1.4%
  • Somewhere under 50, its all downhill from there anyway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometime before 60, the bugs already hurt

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I have to go past 65, I'll have all that free time

Votes: 13 9.1%
  • 70 or older, Like Stallone

Votes: 32 22.4%
  • I'll fall off of my bike when I die

Votes: 88 61.5%
  • I can't remember

Votes: 7 4.9%

• Total voters

Toystoretom

Living Legend
They say that 50 is the new 30 and all that good stuff, but I just wonder to what age people will actually keep riding. There are a lot of factors involved such as health, retirement finances, approval from loved ones(The War Department :D) and so on. So give your future a little thought and consideration, look into that crystal ball, and give us an age you think you might hang it up.

I'll fall off when I die, or die "as" I fall off, or die as I get knocked off, or .......

That's how I see it! I'll most likely perish during a ride somewhere. But what a way to go.
What I wonder is, What could ever replace the Rocket. Having the old Yam-r-ham-r for 28 years, I recall wondering (when "it" was new & full of zest), I'll never find a bike that I'll like more than this one. Years of being proud to saddle up and fire around town.

I still have quite a few more years ahead of me. I'm certain that in that time frame, as the Rocket grows old, something will come along to once again catch my attention.

See ya.

My Father-In-Law gave up riding when his hip kept him from sitting comfortable. We know it was dementia but He doesn't like us to talk about it.
My point is when I'm physically unable to handle a motorbike I'll switch to a trike or possible a sidecar set-up. There's no need to let a physical disability stop us from enjoying our favorite bike.:)

My hero is this old guy I know named Lavern. He's 82, and rides an old 1100 Goldwing that he stripped down and made into a rat bike. He spray painted the bike and his helmet with a red spray can and he rides all over the place. I was in the mountains last summer at my sister's place. It's on top of a mountain accessed by a long dirt road. Lavern, his son and 2 other guys rode over to see us. One of the younger guys wouldn't even try it. [Hardly rider.] Two others dropped their bikes, but ol' Lavern cruised straight to the top!

TOMO,

I decided that when my knees adn my back won't take two wheels, I'll go to three.

I may not fall off when I die :bch:

Back