Planned ride coming up...

Just got back at 3pm after our ride...twas 880kms from home back to home. Tell you what...those bumpy bloody roads take their toll on the body when its been a while!..My right side feels like ive been kicked by a horse!
Great weather tho and quite a few rums went in last night!..
Already been checking out Wilbers and progressive shocks....don't like the smack in the tailbone when the standard shocks protest!!
I am leaning towards Progressive mainly because of the huge price of the wilbers.....its just homework at the moment tho.
Thoughts??

20171215_172311.jpg
20171215_120205.jpg
20171216_114735.jpg
20171216_114751.jpg

Beautiful photos Tal.

My new set of black HD Progressives just arrived today from the US for Au$634 thanks to @MiniSuperDuke . They are about Au$840 here now once you pay postage and 4% currency conversion. :eek:

There is another option Tal, a high quality YSS Australia RZ362 version with rebound damping adjustment for Au$560. They can provide bearing mounts like the Wilbers a step up from the rubber mount Progressives. I nearly went these but frankly am happy with hand turn preload and an automatic rebound and damper adjustment system rather than threaded preload and a Rebound/compression adjuster with 50 clicks to fine tune myself. These are the same basic unit used for their high end high spec remote piggyback systems.

Buy 2010-2019 for only to suit Triumph at Suspension Shop
Your Suspension Shop :: Buy Rocket III 04-18 - YSS Shock Emulsion - Twin (1 Pair) for only $699.00 to suit Triumph at Suspension Shop

ROCKET III 04-18 - YSS SHOCK EMULSION - TWIN (1 PAIR)
Suits years 2004 to 2016

Au$699.00
Factory Direct Price: Au$559.20

They are Australian designed and assembled in Adelaide from Thai made parts. The cheaper lower spec versions are made in Thailand.
They have an option to make them to your specs.
Your Suspension Shop :: Factory Direct Pricing

Factory Price

Due to the complexity of our products we can only list model specific products and can only display the costly Paypal pricing option on this website without showing any possible variations such as colours, different applications ,or rider weights, racing applications , restorations, prototypes etc.

This is the reason, why we have created the factory direct option.

This will start with a basic product, paid and priced up, direct from our premises.

From that base price you can choose additional option(s) and the relevant cost will be added, but only if YOU choose.

The following boxes can be ticked (depending individually on each category) :

* Spring Colours

* Individual Body weights or Luggage

* Height adjustments ( lowering or rising your bike from standard )

* Ride height Adjusters ( to adjust the length of the shock your self )

* Mounting options (bearings, versus the much cheaper rubber mounts )

* Hydraulic Preload Adjusters ( to adjust the spring tension quickly and remotely , without needing tools )

* Payment Options ( cash direct deposit, Post COD, Mastercard, Visa Card, Paypal or Bitcoin

* Delivery Options (Normal Post, Express Post, Post COD, Registered, Insured, tracking and other Courier options )

This will enable you to create your own suspension to your budget and needs. Another saving is Postage and Transport, because your package can be weighed and calculated, according to your actual size order and your order instructions.

You can E-mail those requests direct us info@suspensionshop.org , call in at the premises -
968 Heaslip Road, MacDonald Park (South Australia) or pick up the phone for a chat - 0882848033.

Walter or Damien will be more than happy to help you put together a tailor made order.

Postage Australia / New Zealand: a small postage fee is applicable in addition to the price shown to cover the weight of the products ordered. Make sure that "AUS / NZ" is ticked / selected before pressing "Buy Now".

Well, the kick in the side sent me to hospital. Turns out I have gone and got me "Epiploic Appendagitis"..or to put it simple..
On the outside of the large intestine,or colon, there is fatty protusions. One of these has twisted (maybe from hitting big mother bumps during my ride) which inflames and gives me a lot of tenderness which when I flinch,cough or sneeze, cuts my breath short. They have sent me home with drugs to ease the pain and say it will self correct over about 10 days...hope so!..
I awoke on sunday morning as usual around 6.30am,went to hospital around 8pm and didn't sleep again until Monday night 9ish so got home and went to bed and slept for about 5 hrs.,all that morphine!!!
So, now I hurry up and wait.

Great pics, looks like you were thinking about bungee jumping or trout fishing given all the bridge shots?

Riding both shakey islands late Feb 2018. Gissy to Christchurch via the Kiakoura coast. Thankfully it is downhill all the way? Relocating one of my bikes back to warmer climes!!

Post up some pics in due course.

Well, the kick in the side sent me to hospital. Turns out I have gone and got me "Epiploic Appendagitis"..or to put it simple..
On the outside of the large intestine,or colon, there is fatty protusions. One of these has twisted (maybe from hitting big mother bumps during my ride) which inflames and gives me a lot of tenderness which when I flinch,cough or sneeze, cuts my breath short. They have sent me home with drugs to ease the pain and say it will self correct over about 10 days...hope so!..
I awoke on sunday morning as usual around 6.30am,went to hospital around 8pm and didn't sleep again until Monday night 9ish so got home and went to bed and slept for about 5 hrs.,all that morphine!!!
So, now I hurry up and wait.
Bugger I hope your feeling better real soon.

Back