Planned ride coming up...

Tal

Living Legend
Ride
2021 Triumph Rocket 3 GT
Friday the 15th Dec cant come quick enuff !!..
My buddy who has a 2014 Triumph Storm and myself are going from our homes here in Christchurch NZ and travelling up thru the middle of the South Island to Nelson.
My cousin who actually ordered the first R3 to arrive in NZ (Got the second one due to some Dork of a salesman) lives there.He dosnt have it any longer but still reckons the R3 is the only bike he would own. He has had a number of Triumphs, Beezers, Norton Commandos, a Honda Four...plus others over the years. We will be staying Friday night with him and heading over to Mapua on Saturday to visit his dad, my last surviving uncle. The old boy is in his 90th year and doin pretty good. Loves my shine he does so a bottle will be in my bag for him. We will ride home via the Motueka valley, Murchison and Lewis Pass. Its a round trip of about 800 - 900 kms.Will post photos later.

Have you a trip planned?

Hi Tal enjoy your trip.

Will need to have a catch up before Xmas?

I have a trip planned for February to the Bert Munro motorcycle rally.

Leaving Christchurch NZ East Coast, heading over the mountains to the west coast and hopefully as far as Franz Joseph Glacier by lunch, and onto Hasst for the night. Over Hasst Pass into Wanaka for lunch, Cromwell, Queenstown if time is on my side onto Te Anau
Spend the night here before riding to the 8th wonder of the world Milford Sound. Got to be in and out early as all the foreign drivers spend too much time looking at the views and not the road. 240 kms to end up where you started from. Then onto the most southern city in the world Invercargill. Spend 5 nights here and head for home in one day 650 kms. Total kms of around 2000kms

Hi @Tal
Mrs Ozrider & I are heading across the ditch end of March to catchup with family then arrive in Christchurch 2nd April .
I had looked at taking the wifes Triumph Tiger across but have a good friend that offered the use of a couple of his bikes.
This is roughly what we are doing over 6 night stay and looking forward to it. @Mittzy was interested also

upload_2017-12-12_7-16-48.png

Further to that... (I was on cell phone during work b4)...stay in touch on your trip and I can give you a few good stop points ...
I have just had a wee squiz at you intended route and some of those roads arnt open due to the earthquake damage..i can sort out a route for you if you wish...similar but doable..

Last edited:
Hi @Tal
Mrs Ozrider & I are heading across the ditch end of March to catchup with family then arrive in Christchurch 2nd April .
I had looked at taking the wifes Triumph Tiger across but have a good friend that offered the use of a couple of his bikes.
This is roughly what we are doing over 6 night stay and looking forward to it. @Mittzy was interested also

upload_2017-12-12_7-16-48.png

@ozrider We know you and MrsOzrider like pillioning together so much that you leave Rockets scattered around the countryside just so you can ride home together, but not sure me and @Mittzy will fit on the other bike you have so kindly arranged ;):p:D:eek:

@ozrider We know you and MrsOzrider like pillioning together so much that you leave Rockets scattered around the countryside just so you can ride home together, but not sure me and @Mittzy will fit on the other bike you have so kindly arranged ;):p:D:eek:
Bwaahhhhaaaaahahah
Cunny Funt.
Not many bikes would fit the both of us brother - it would have to be phuken strong.......

HAHAHA good on ya.. the Mrs is still complaining about the trip back !!!!! she didn't want to do the return trip in the ute to pickup the Rocket either.........

Back