Pilot's View Down Under

That plane Skydog has won many airshow awards for its condition. Its completely restored 195. The inside is so clean you would think it was brand new. I love that plane to but it belongs to one of there friends up the runway from them My brother in law has a Mooney. There good friends with this owner and I had mentioned that plane was one of my favorites. He offered a ride and I said lets go. guy wouldn't take a dime for gas. It was an awesome experience one I will never forget.

Bull I haven't ridden the motor around the Evergreen State but I sure do want to. Especially over the north cascade highway, I was born in Bellingham and would love to go up that way before I cant ride anymore. Al

Here is a pic over Vashon Island and Puget Sound. Son in law took this riding in my sisters plane. for all of those who thinks it rains all the time in Seattle here is some sunshine. Al
SD card for digital photo frame 519.jpg

now if I remember this is a very rare cessna 195 with the oroginal radial engine what a beauty!!!
but to come back to the approach on the kiwi shoreline I am somewhat concerned if what I saw is the real and actual footage . I have 19 000hrs of flight time on big and small in every conceivable weather from the arctic to the amazon one crash (with pax) and high density IFR all this to say either it is a photoshopped video or the pilot had a death wish , with a solid low overcast ceiling no forward visibility and a seemingly visual approach closing in with obstruction !!! I guess it is a photoshop.

10170836_4171790590289_7902341617377811261_n.jpg
That was sweet if real,my younger brother is a jet pilot captain. He flys a G650 Gulfstream and is always sending me some fantastic pictures of his trips.

1016173_10200618119872990_736905594_n.jpg

Last edited:
...I am somewhat concerned if what I saw is the real and actual footage . I have 19 000hrs of flight time on big and small in every conceivable weather from the arctic to the amazon one crash (with pax) and high density IFR all this to say either it is a photoshopped video or the pilot had a death wish , with a solid low overcast ceiling no forward visibility and a seemingly visual approach closing in with obstruction !!! I guess it is a photoshop.[/QUOTE]

Beautiful right up until it was obvious that the penetration into IMC (instrument meteorological conditions) was intentional. I can't imagine that this was following a published approach procedure. Then again, I've never flown in New Zealand!

Back