Pilot's View Down Under

Amazing! The part where you see only clouds between mountain peaks was practically identical to what one would see when looking at a glacier. When the plane began descending into the clouds I couldn't help feeling a bit anxious knowing mountains were all around. Then to emerge into what seemed like a separate world below the clouds. Very cool.

I was thinking if I were the pilot, I'd most definitely be sphincter twitching while in those clouds.
Especially after I saw that mountain in front of me just before loosing sight in those clouds!

Trust your instruments :D i miss flying. More fun than the Rocket.

REALLY???
My Dad was an Indian dealer and rode for 25 years - a-lot!
After getting his pilot's license at 40 years old, he gradually ditched the motor.
I used to fly with him frequently, took him to many EAAs at Oshkosh and he tried everything to get me hooked.
Flying was cool, no doubt, but it never made it to near the position I have in my heart for motors!

Interesting video, not exactly down under or what we down here accossiate down under with. New Zealand is a couple of Islands to the south east of down under. Probably further down under and around to the right a bit. :D

I know you know where all this is Steve but my sis and her husband are both private pilots. They both have planes there in Covington at crest airfield. One of the last times I was there a trip was made over the city of Seattle and up to Friday Harbor its really cool being at about 3000 feet over the sound and up to Friday Harbor. Even got a ride in a Cessna 195 one of my favorite planes Al

Here is a pic over Vashon Island and Puget Sound. Son in law took this riding in my sisters plane. for all of those who thinks it rains all the time in Seattle here is some sunshine. Al
SD card for digital photo frame 519.jpg

@BigAl1952
I hope you know their is a state law against showing scenic pix of the Northwest!!!
Remember everybody, all it ever does up here is rain!
Friday Harbor and the San Juans are great motor destinations!
Have youse ever ridden motor around our state?

Certainly looked like Paradise. I love the yellow light of the evening before sunset. Flying on instruments makes it look so easy. You have to have faith in the instruments and God.

Back