Young lady rider down

Boog

Traveling Story Teller
Ride
2014 R3T, RAMAIR, Full Viking Dual exhaust
Background: My future daughter-in-law, Brittany, has a group of friends she and my fourth son ride with, all mid 20 year olds and full of immaturity.

On May 3rd, in the greater Denver area, one of these friends (Adrienne Renae Augustain, single mom) was hit by another rider who decided to race a car starting from the back of the group. When he was rushing by, he swerved too soon in front of Adrienne and clipped her front wheel. The impact knocked the front wheel sideways and she low sided with her leg under the bike. He however, did not go down and continued on without stopping to help. He was arrested later with a hit and run charge, reckless driving and maybe a few others. Not to mention being a Jackace after hurting a member of their group. (I have had to caution my son to stand down, the law will take care of him).

Adrienne's leg was too messed up to save, so they amputated from the knee.

If you follow the funding link below, you'll see this gorgeous young lady with her son Damian.

I do not know Adrienne myself, but my future D-I-L Brittany gave me much more details about Adrienne and the crash than what is posted. Brittany started riding on our family EX500 Ninja and moved on to one of my son's R6s. She tells me that Adrienne has helped her a lot with being a young female rider with a bunch of immature guys. Brittany says Adrienne plans to ride again after she is released from the hospital and goes through rehab. We do not know the condition of her bike yet. I told Brittany to let her know a lot of people ride with a prosthetic leg and I will help in some way to get her back on a bike if that is what she desires to do.

Just a thought on my own shenanigans, I do my best to never hazard a fellow rider. Hopefully this group of youngsters will catch on too. It is not the first time one of them has done something stupid and crashed.

Sorry to hear. She'll be in my prayers.
I have a Navy buddy that messed up his ankle pretty bad over the years in the dirt. In his early 30's, I believe, the docs gave him two choices; have his ankle fused OR have the leg amputated just below the knee (just enough room to attach a prosthetic). The second option was an obvious attempt to persuade him to get it fused as that's what the doctor originally proposed. They only offered the amputation when he said, " You're not fusing my ankle, I'm too young to deal with a fused ankle for the rest of my life. I won't be able to ride or do other things with that done." Doc said, well the only other option is to amputate. "OK, cut it off, they have some wonderful prosthesis nowadays." was his response. The doc wasn't happy with his decision and tried to get him to reconsider. Well, he got it amputated, got a prosthetic and still rides in the dirt to this day.....very hard, I might add. He used to be very big into Cross Fit with it too.

Reminds me when riding through Denver last year I was passed by a group of around a dozen riders doing probably around 100 mph cutting in and out of traffic. One came cutting right in front of me. He was going so fast I never knew he was coming up on my left. That night when I got to Winter Park they had made the evening news and the police were asking their identities.

Wishing her speedy recovery

I was involved in a similar situation over 15 years ago. A " friend" of mine , plonker with not much of the riding experience but enough money to buy new fazer was riding next to me. Not checking if anybody was next to him decided to overtake a car pushing me onto oncoming traffic.
I scraped a car coming from opposite direction. Cars mirror broke my left had and a handle bars, my left passengers foot peg punctured cars rear tyre. Car span and went head on with another car.
Long story short I ended in hospital for 3 months with 6 broken bones and skin grafts and a " friend " of mine was most upset because he could not dance a lot on his wedding because of hurt knee.
The moral of the story is... choose wisely who are you riding with or stay way way back.

Last edited:
prayers sent for the innocent victim, rider of youre own group races car cuts you off so bad clips front wheel and does not stop to help-?no need to say what I think of him,it would be hard not to do youre own justice in a situation like that

Background: My future daughter-in-law, Brittany, has a group of friends she and my fourth son ride with, all mid 20 year olds and full of immaturity.

On May 3rd, in the greater Denver area, one of these friends (Adrienne Renae Augustain, single mom) was hit by another rider who decided to race a car starting from the back of the group. When he was rushing by, he swerved too soon in front of Adrienne and clipped her front wheel. The impact knocked the front wheel sideways and she low sided with her leg under the bike. He however, did not go down and continued on without stopping to help. He was arrested later with a hit and run charge, reckless driving and maybe a few others. Not to mention being a Jackace after hurting a member of their group. (I have had to caution my son to stand down, the law will take care of him).

Adrienne's leg was too messed up to save, so they amputated from the knee.

If you follow the funding link below, you'll see this gorgeous young lady with her son Damian.

I do not know Adrienne myself, but my future D-I-L Brittany gave me much more details about Adrienne and the crash than what is posted. Brittany started riding on our family EX500 Ninja and moved on to one of my son's R6s. She tells me that Adrienne has helped her a lot with being a young female rider with a bunch of immature guys. Brittany says Adrienne plans to ride again after she is released from the hospital and goes through rehab. We do not know the condition of her bike yet. I told Brittany to let her know a lot of people ride with a prosthetic leg and I will help in some way to get her back on a bike if that is what she desires to do.

Just a thought on my own shenanigans, I do my best to never hazard a fellow rider. Hopefully this group of youngsters will catch on too. It is not the first time one of them has done something stupid and crashed.

Up date please
How is she doing?

Back