Pictures of Classic with solo seat?

chromehead

.040 Over
Curious if there are pictures out there showing a Rocket III classic with a stocker solo seat. I don't like the way the classic seat pushes me forward, but the two-tone paint is growing on me as I move closer to finally buying a Rocket. Thanks.

Not to be a smart ass (though I am on a regular basis), but it should look the exact same as a standard model with the solo seat. If you want to see what the paint looks like underneath I can take some snap shots for you. I have almost 6,000 miles on my Classic and really like the seat. Sounds like you are getting close to pulling the trigger, what can we do to push you over the edge??? :evil:

I'm curious as to how the Classic seat "pushes" you forward. Is this an issue on decel?
Personally I'm not a big fan of the touring seat on hard deceleration. I think a set of Rivco floorboard, as opposed to the OEM boards, with the greater tilt would resolve this for me.
Of course pegs would be even better for weight control. Or go bare butt:eek:

I'm curious as to how the Classic seat "pushes" you forward. Is this an issue on decel?
Personally I'm not a big fan of the touring seat on hard deceleration. I think a set of Rivco floorboard, as opposed to the OEM boards, with the greater tilt would resolve this for me.
Of course pegs would be even better for weight control. Or go bare butt:eek:

Not to be a smart ass (though I am on a regular basis), but it should look the exact same as a standard model with the solo seat. If you want to see what the paint looks like underneath I can take some snap shots for you. I have almost 6,000 miles on my Classic and really like the seat. Sounds like you are getting close to pulling the trigger, what can we do to push you over the edge??? :evil:

I'm 6-3, and I feel a little cramped on the Classic seat. It seems like I can get a little further from the handlebars on the stock solo. I also prefer the look of the solo, seems a lot sportier. I've been distracted by the two-tone red and black, but I think deep down my heart is set on a new Phantom Black with a black motor. I've seen a couple other Triumphs with the new color — not Rockets, yet — and it's really enticing. Deep black with metal flake. Looks like it would be killer in the sun.

I'm perilously close to pulling the trigger, as soon as the Road King sells on eBay. I rented a Rocket for a few days in Nevada last year, and this year I finally decided to make the switch. Now to figure out the accessories: I found the stock exhaust note to be a bit underwhelming while in Vegas, so I'm leading toward TORs and a catbox removal. But now that I'm reading so many good things about the Progressives, I'm debating whether to keep the stock pipes and spend the money there. Also wondering whether I can live without a windscreen — again, the bike looks much sportier without it — but I remember longing for one in the Nevada desert. And then there's the beetle bag question ...

One thing to keep in mind is that many folks tossed the stock seat and put on an aftermarket seat because the stocker was not very comfortable. At least you could pick one up on Ebay for a fairly decent price. Might also try cutting down the foam some on the stock classic seat. Corbin also offers a lot of solo seats for the Rocket.

You are already on to the fun part, figuring out the goodies.

Hey Chromehead,didn't see you sneak in or I have been absent of mind lately,not unusual for me.Yes you have lots of ways to go and decisions for the new beast.One of the 1st for me was the shocks.Did not like the bucking out of the seat aspect of an otherwise wonderful ride.Since I am 6'2" I got the longer shock configuration of the 13' Progressive 440's.Hey,it's all about what you want in this world so get what you want,didn't I just say that.Welcome.:D

Back