Might be beyond me but are you looking for the crank angle sensor? It is near the starter and has a couple of wires coming out of it.

Or EMS relay?

The starter relay is under the other side cover.

Last edited:
:confused:I am not sure .it seems that the pick up coil may be what is preventing some of the guys bikes from starting for know obvious reason .I know we have one .it says that in the manual was just trying to find it. Maybe it is in the EMS relay .

I think the symptoms that are related to the pick coil are that the engine turns over but does not fire. I wonder if the bank angle sensor just cuts the ignition and not the starter.

The FDS or fall over detection switch (N# 15 in the picture) seems to be part of the sensors circuit. That includes the map, aps, tps, gps, and iats sensors but not the starter relay.

well i could be wrong, but i think the PICK up coil is our crank sensor. the pick up coil also known as a crank sensor tells the coils when to spark.

1. <LI id=jsArticleStep1 itxtvisited="1">Pickup coils work with a vehicle's ignition system to regulate spark and communicate to fuel injectors. When one fails, it can have adverse effects on multiple vehicle systems including the engine and fuel system regulators. An observant driver or mechanic must take note of these symptoms before the problem becomes worse and begins to impact other vehicle parts. No Engine Spark

<LI id=jsArticleStep1 itxtvisited="1">The pickup coil sends the signal from the ignition module to the spark plugs during the ignition process. A bad pickup coil may mean a lack of engine spark because the spark plugs are not receiving the proper information to fire correctly. The fuel injectors also fail to fire, which may lead to car not starting. Rough Idle

<LI id=jsArticleStep1 itxtvisited="1">Because the spark plugs are not communicating proper timing to the fuel injectors, a rough idle may occur. The vehicle will shudder and rattle when sitting still because of inadequate fuel being present in the engine block. This condition may not be as present during colder weather, though it may also increase as the vehicle heats up. Engine Stall/Failure to Accelerate
  2. A pickup coil that has failed, or is about to, may also cause engine stalling and an inability to accelerate smoothly because the fuel injectors are not firing properly. Engine stalling will occur as the vehicle warms up with rough idling being the first clue that a stall is about to happen. Once stalled, the vehicle will not be able to start again until the engine has completely cooled.

Read more: Signs of a Bad Pickup Coil | eHow.com Signs of a Bad Pickup Coil | eHow.com

Start

Unfortunatly I know first hand, you drop the bike and it will still crank, but won't start, making you think something much more seriouse is wrong, more than a few minute wait.

Last edited:
Back