Paint restoration

Camulus

.040 Over
Ride
2013 Roadster
I've just had a spare seat cut down by an inch (think I must be shrinking!) and the guy also chamfered the front slightly.

#As this in now sitting slightly lower than the original it shows the area where the old seat had rubbed against the tank.
#
#This area now looks dull, I've tried the obvious T-Cut route but it's made little if no difference.
#
#Any suggestions?

what about using a tank bra?
1625589431534.png

In that befuddled part of my brain that I used to call a memory I have this idea that I saw a restoration show where the person used 1500/2000 grit wet and dry on a cars paint (very light pressure) and it bought a very faded roof back to life.
Now, every part of me screams NO!!! at this but has anyone heard of it?

There are factory tank pads now out of production/stock but still available as NOS or used.

They knocked them out for US$12 a few years ago and may still have some.

1A9718006 | Tank Pad Kit RubberA9718006 Tank Pad Kit Rubber | Genuine Triumph Motorcycle Part$43.001Unavailable
1625731313036.png

I've just had a spare seat cut down by an inch (think I must be shrinking!) and the guy also chamfered the front slightly.

#As this in now sitting slightly lower than the original it shows the area where the old seat had rubbed against the tank.
#
#This area now looks dull, I've tried the obvious T-Cut route but it's made little if no difference.
#
#Any suggestions?
If you used t cut it still needs buffing to shine...patience and less is more until you get the sparkle back.

Back