On a positive note..

I rescued this neglected beauty from my son Kevin, some of you may remember this bike, i bought it a few years back with 130 miles on the clock, it is a 2002 model, now it sits on a littke over 400 miles, gave it to my son years ago but he does not ride it, back in my garage so it can be properly taken care of
260B3977-03CB-452F-9A25-BBFA248000E5.jpeg
48B594F1-6230-4231-927E-DBFD3F2D6DEC.jpeg
C6950D02-5C5B-49A3-88E1-CAA06D388559.jpeg
Beautiful Bike. Sad that it was not used. I had to give up my 2002 Daytona 955i because it just did not work for me any more (too uncomfortable) . Funny to see all of the other comments along similar lines here

Lupe - You need @Nat67 to pop over and give it a bit of "running in".

I think you need to worry about Kevin a bit. Absolutely not showing his father the proper respect.
Some people shouldn't have nice things ! Not meaning to sway off topic here and get moderated , but hope your wife is on the mend Lupe ? Been in my thoughts since seeing your post !

Lupe - You need @Nat67 to pop over and give it a bit of "running in".

I think you need to worry about Kevin a bit. Absolutely not showing his father the proper respect.

Man, I was tempted to say something similar. It was a HUGE deal when my dad got me a used, 1976 Honda CB 200. Can't imagine just letting an awesome bike lkke that just sit there.

My nephew has an 04' that I've ridden a few times. It's fun for about 15 minutes, then I need to stretch my legs. It is definitely easy to do wheelies on.

Yep. Pretty much EVERY bike with even modest power for weight will wheelie, if you know what you're doing, and proceed to learn and apply some "rules" specific to the particular bike, beyond the general rules of physics, but the only danger of a liter-bike is that it will wheelie MUCH easier than most, if you don't expect it.

My BMW/Triumph dealer got so sick and tired of kids asking if the S1000RR would wheelie that they put a sign on the front of every one they put out on the showroom floor that said, "YES, it will wheelie!" They pulled them after I couldn't help myself, and told them it wasn't a good idea, as someone could get killed doing it and sue, claiming the dealer encouraged it, even though it's illegal in TN.

But I felt their pain. I own nothing but really fast bikes right now. How many of you guys with Rockets have wanted to slash your wrists over all the guys at the gas pumps asking/saying, "I'll bet that thar thang'll go real fast...."? And how hard has it been to not say, just once, "That's why you're so smart, Inspector Columbo"?

Lupe, what's the nearest race track to you? Take it there for fast rounds or keep it as a collectable, I haven't seen in recent years a Gixxer with such a low mileage.
These bikes are not meant/good idea for the public roads. This being said, my first bike was a superbike 😂

Back