rocketbill

Supercharged
Ride
2013 Rocket 3 Touring
I guess i just joined the cam cover-head gasket leaking club. I bought my 2018 last year with a 123miles on it and it just turned over 5,000. I was wiping it down and found this oil seeping. Not the greatest picture but from what i can tell it is higher up probably on the cam cover.
I was whining after i bought the 3 year warranty but now i am glad i did it, still 2 years left on the plan.

Attachments

• IMG_1482.jpg
    IMG_1482.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 22
I guess i just joined the cam cover-head gasket leaking club. I bought my 2018 last year with a 123miles on it and it just turned over 5,000. I was wiping it down and found this oil seeping. Not the greatest picture but from what i can tell it is higher up probably on the cam cover.
I was whining after i bought the 3 year warranty but now i am glad i did it, still 2 years left on the plan.
Happy to hear you have the warranty... sorry to hear you even need it. My '14 extended warranty is up next Apr...but so far no issues to address.
-MIG

Almost at 25,000 miles on this gasket. Bike has near 70,000 on a 2015 Rocket X. Done this myself a few times. Will post how to when i hit 70,000. IMG_0964.JPG IMG_0965.JPG IMG_0969.JPG A dealer can not do this correctly. Getting the drift here . Looks like it was installed yesterday. A dealership will install and you might be good for 5,000 miles but if they did not take there time you will have a bend and a leak. My original gasket leaked at 7,000 miles. Since then i have never worried about it.

Appreciate your time in helping others do it correctly. Since i'm on warranty they can do it and when its out of warranty i will either not worry about a slight seep or do it myself.

Back