My oil cap blew off at the drag strip yesterday on my last run. I did go the fastest and the highest rpm on that run at the spot it came off. Has anybody come up with a fool proof way to keep it on ?
I would think the oil cap coming off is better than a blown gasket? Something got to give if your breather is blocked and the crankcase pressure is not venting.

I would think the oil cap coming off is better than a blown gasket? Something got to give if your breather is blocked and the crankcase pressure is not venting.
I could not find any blockage. Maybe I did not look everywhere. Where is the breather you refer to located ?

Thanks Jag.
Ok, I have already checked that and found no blockage. I would like to get a longer hose and run it up to the back of the RamAir filter I have on the throttle bodies. Would that create enough vacuum to draw the pressure out of the crank case ?

Thanks Jag.
Ok, I have already checked that and found no blockage. I would like to get a longer hose and run it up to the back of the RamAir filter I have on the throttle bodies. Would that create enough vacuum to draw the pressure out of the crank case ?
The only time I heard of that hapening is with forced induction causing ring blowby pressurising the crankcase.

Thanks Jag.
I don’t know but that is how I did mine. Brought it right in to the back of the ram air

Back