if you can not locate it you can pull the sump pan to get at the lower end you then pull the 8 main bearing ladder bolts and drop the ladder with the windage tray/oil baffle and you can get into the whole lower end. Oh and the only time I reseal liners is when I pull them. I have changer the pistons and rods without pulling the liners. And I have done it the Triumph manuals way. Personally I would just order new rod bolts and change the pistons from the bottom leaving the liners. I have swapped heads, cams, pistons, and rods without pulling the motor or the liners.
can I ask which cylinder and do you have the clutch cover off the front of the engine?
Oh and it's the front cylinder, clutch cover still on.

Good luck with the job.
What part of Hawaii? Back 40 years ago this Jar Head was at Kaneohe Bay and lived in Kailua. Not back since but would expect to not recognize much.

Good luck with the job.
What part of Hawaii? Back 40 years ago this Jar Head was at Kaneohe Bay and lived in Kailua. Not back since but would expect to not recognize much.
I'm up at Schofield, but live in Kapolei. It's not quite the island paradise it used to be. Waaaaaaayyy too many people. But it's pretty nice otherwise.

Back