cootertwo

Living Legend
Ride
2013, & 2 05's R3R, 2006, 2004 Harley's, 2004 Kaw
Hi all, I'm an old fart, and ain't riding like I used to, but, my 2013 Rocket's odometer has started recording "DOUBLE" what the real mileage is. Weird ain't it! A normal 25 mile ride, shows 50 miles. Don't bother me much, but don't need the extra "faulty" mileage showing up. My first thought is to clean the crank position sensor. Any other ideas? Everything else works as normal. Speedo shows the right speed, etc. etc.:cool:

Is the crank position sensor the same as the speed sensor? A few days ago I put my '06 on the lift to remove the speed sensor because my speedo quit working a couple months ago. I was hoping I would find something to explain the fault but the sensor was only oily as I assume it should be. My odometer quit a couple months before the speedo died. I envy your doubling down odometer. I may be older than dirt like you but I can still divide by two. :laugh:

That is a weird issue. I always thought they were tied to the same input off the wheel sensors. Double trouble on abs bikes. You got abs?

Hi all, I'm an old fart, and ain't riding like I used to, but, my 2013 Rocket's odometer has started recording "DOUBLE" what the real mileage is. Weird ain't it! A normal 25 mile ride, shows 50 miles. Don't bother me much, but don't need the extra "faulty" mileage showing up. My first thought is to clean the crank position sensor. Any other ideas? Everything else works as normal. Speedo shows the right speed, etc. etc.:cool:
could it have been switched to km?

Yup, it's a 2013, so it does have anti-loc brakes. It is a strange issue for sure. I do get some slight fogging, inside the instruments sometimes. I know that is sorta common. I've been in a slump lately, so not much riding. Got a new Bridgstone rear mounted up on a spare wheel, waiting on me to pop it into my 05. My drag Rocket has a flat CT tire on the rear. Might put the worn rear off the 05 on it? Too much for this getting older man to keep up with.:)

Back