Observations From a New Owner

Yes, I think you may very well be right, at least in my case. The Rivco website says that the risers will raise the bars 1 inch and bring them 2 inches closer. These bars are radically different than anything I've previously ridden and the increased width and being so close, I believe is why it feels so alien. I'm going to experiment with rolling them ahead a little at a time and see if that improves things.
I keep looking at the site waiting for it to say something to me.

Oh yeah. I've had several Corbin seats over the years, to include one on the 2007 Classic Tourer that I gave to my son. I had just visited Corbin and bought a one new for the Rocket when one came up for sale on dBay for half the price. Timing is everything. Their batwing fairings are stupidly expensive. The Vulcan Nomad guys install one by Reckless that appears to be very nice and in the under $400 range.

My T came with a very nice insulated T-Bag that will probably do me nicely, plus I have an attic full of other soft bags. A nice little tour pack is useful though.

So far I think the Touring seat with backrest that came with mine is a pretty nice seat. I removed the backrest for local riding and will install it for long rides.
T bagging means something much different to me. I won't pay money for that experience. The things people think are funny...:eek:

Welcome from Montreal Qc,Canada. I've got a 2012 R3T and I'm running Bridgestone front & rear, and find them 100% improvement over the Metz.So far I've put 14000 wonderful Km. You might like them.The original Metz lasted only 7000Km

Been lusting for a Rocket 3 Touring for the last couple years. Found a 2013 with lots of bells and whistles and only 2050 miles in California. Flew down, bought it and rode it home to the eastern Washington/Idaho border. First a little background. I've been riding since '69. Got my first "big bike" a '67 Triumph T100C in 1971. I've owned nothing but Triumphs since. My current stable is a 1975 T160 Trident, '98 Trident 900, '06 Scrambler 900 and a '95 Trophy 1200 4 which has been my trip bike and 2 up bike and is now for sale. Several other Triumphs in between. Riding these style of bikes to a R3 is quite a change. I was a logger for 22 years and got banged up a few times over the years and as a result am getting arthritic. 400 mile days on the Trophy were hurting me and it was time to make a change. Slow speeds (taking off, gas stations, stop lights/signs) on this Rocket are going to take some getting used to for sure, and I need quite a bit more practice before I feel confident enough to put the wife on the back. I have been reading threads on a couple forums about the Metzler tires and don't think much of them. They just don't feel right and they were properly inflated according to the owners manual.
2013-triumph-rocket-3-tourer-8632-2.jpg
I will put on Avons, which I have had on all my other bikes (except the Scram). Once rolling, this bike is everything I was hoping for. Very comfortable. Good power to pass and the ergonomics are great. I will be taking off the California smog apparatus this winter. Hope I didn't put anyone to sleep with this long winded post, but glad to be here.
Nice bike! Mike here over the Stevens Pass in beautiful Index, Wa. Good to see ya here and WELCOME!

Back