For Sale NOS Roadster TORS exhaust for sale

Tumwatertaz

Outa here...Buh bye.
Ride
1994 Harley Dyna Low Rider
I have two LH and one RH Roadster TORS exhaust silencers (mufflers). I bought them from a guy that bought out the left over stock from a Triumph dealership that closed. These are all three new - but have a minor scratch or ding on them from laying on a shelf in a warehouse a bit too long. I'm asking $300 US for all three plus shipping from USA zip code 98512. Considering the suggested retail was around $235.00 each from Triumph...and that's a lot less than I paid for them...I think that's a fair price. The LH is about 6 inches wide and 32 inches long, thr RH is about 6 inches wide and 30 inches long, and they weigh about 12-15 lbs each.

I bought them intending to covert my 2006 classic to a two pipe exhaust - but decided to use the LH and RH TORS off of a rare 2007 Classic Tourer 2 pipe exhaust for that instead.

If you live within a 40-60 mile radius of my zip code..I might even be talked into delivering them. (For a small fee of course...lol)

Last edited:
I might...but at this price , you sure you don't want a spare? I guess we wil have to figure out how much shipping to where you are at will cost? Shoot me a PM and we can see if we can sort all this out.

A quick question mostly to claify for rocket owners . A I am guessing these are the three pipe tors made for pre roadsters. Not that you can't do a lot of modification maybe to clear the abs system on the roadster. If so I might know someone who is in need of them.

warp I think he means he has 2 of the left hand side tors mufflers for a roadster and 1 of the right.
Like 1 and a half pairs of them lol. You'd have a set of tors plus a spare left side muffler

Now @Tumwatertaz where is this NOS you speak of :D

Yes, they are all for a Roadster with two exhaust pipes, not the earlier pre 2009 three pipe exhaust system on the Classics and Standards, and they are all three new. I have two LHs and one RH. They have never been installed and/or used before. And R-II-R Turbo..the NOS was referring to the fact that they were "New Old Stock"...lol

However - these have been in a warehouse in an opened box on a shelf for a while and they all three have either a minor little ding or a tiny scratch on them, so they are not 100% perfect. But with little chrome polishing, they will look OK. (Or if your color choice for your bike's exhaust is black, then a little high temp paint or powder coating will make them look just fine.) I wouldn't hesitate to put them on my bike if they would work with the plan I have for it, but unfortunately they won't. In fact they are in better shape then the ones on it now...and in better shape than the ones I will eventually be installing on it.

These are no longer available to order from any Triumph dealer anywhere near here where I live in the USA...and it took me 6 months and a heck of a lot of phone and internet time to find these three. I found plenty of used/abused ones that IMHO were grossly overpriced and too badly banged up/scraped up and rusted to use...and then I got lucky and found these.

Considering I had to pay for shipping from Kentucky to Washington state, his original intentions were to keep these for himself as spares for his bike, and he obviously knew they were rare, I kinda overpaid for them. But I knew even if I decided to not use them, surely someone on here could use them. I priced them fairly cheap because I have 3 motorcycles, I don't need/want them, I have a very limited space to store any spare parts for my 3 bikes, and I don't wanna take forever to sell them and have them hanging around in my garage under foot in my way.

So I guess my blunder is gonna be someone else's success...lol

Last edited:
They are still available if any one's interested and I am willing to sell them individually if necessary, and I am willing to negotiate their selling price a bit just to see them go to someone that will actually appreciate their value, appreciate how hard these were to find, and will put them to good use. I'm not trying to BS or cheat anyone here, and I am quite aware that I overpaid for them and I am going to take a huge $$ loss when they sell. Oh freakin' well. Poo-poo occurs....lol

I also just put them on Seattle,WA and Portland,OR's Craigslist too under motorcycle parts. And here is a link to some pics of them:

Roadster TORS by Tumwater Taz

My motto when purchasing anything for my bike is just get what you need for your bike only if it helps it run better, ride better, and makes your riding safer. I don't spend much $$ on fancy doodads or hoohahs or do any serious modifications that alter the bike's appearance much because time and experience has taught me that if there is any chance it will have to ever pass an inspection or if I ever want to sell it and get a different bike later - that could really cost me a lot of $$ and hurt my bike's value.

IMHO that was the reason Triumph sold the TORS. You could quickly and easily put them on, retune the bike, and gain a bit more growl, power, and torque. But when it came time to pass emissions, you could quickly and easily swap back the stock setup, retune, and pass the test with no problems or worries. The same applies if you eventually sold your bike to someone that lived in another state/country where it woiuld have to pass a safety inspection prior to being licensed there.

Saving the stock parts around, not wasting my $$ on fancy decorative stuff, and not radically altering it much for every bike I've ever owned has saved my butt many times, since I'm not independantly wealthy with a big stack of $$ available that I can spend on whatever I want all the time like some of you guys on here. And yes, unlike some of you, I am married, and my wife encourages me rather strongly to make responsible fiscal decisions in regards to my toys....lol

Last edited:
Back