Welcome from New Zealand Doce, home of VikingExhaust.

So you're the Paul that makes those, they look awesome! If I can figure out what pipe to pair with it, I may try and eventually buy some headers from you. I'll probably hit you up just to get a jump start on figuring out what you charge for those.

BEST money I've spent on my motor is for those Adaptives!

Good to know! Did you pick up a pair and put them in the stock buckets? Also, I'm going to be lazy here, if you did use the stock buckets did you pick up the 5 3/4 size lights? I'm thinking I'll be likely to pick some up in the next few months.

Hello Doce and welcome from your Northern Virginia Neighbor. I hope Ken and John treated you nice on the bike.

Thanks, but not sure I follow on who Ken and John are.

Last edited:
@Doce I assumed you bought your bike from MOD? They are the main dudes there. If not, oops on me.

Ah, nope. I got it from Fredricktown Yamaha in Fredrick MD. I got a new 2016, they'd never even put fluids in it. It was just on the show room floor for a few years. They had an awesome price advertised, and so I just couldn't pass it up. Originally I was thinking about going with a used one, but that deal just made it perfect.

Just so you know, Motorcycles of Dulles is the closest real dealership to us.

Both @Boog and I purchased our bikes from Ken -- the owner -- there. They were in Manassas and moved to their current location behind Dulles Airport.

I actually find it easier to order stuff from Hermy's simply because it gets delivered to my door and saves me riding up there. Though I have gone there for shirts.

Welcome Doce fro Chesterfield UK. It looks like you have your head set right for updating the old girl:inlove:thumbsup: I look forward to seeing and hearing about the results.

Fancy sitting there looking pretty for 3 years without any buyers:oops:

Oh, we will need proof by photographs of her existence - so we can all drool over her;)

Welcome from south Louisiana.
Personally I'd go with something other than Zards exhaust because they actually give you less power than stock. I have the Carpenter exhaust on both of my R3s, but everyone who has Paul's Viking exhaust with Ramair intake seem happy with the results. Plus it should be easy to get a tune from one of the members here.

As far as headlights, I recently put LED lights in my Roadster, and they are very bright. Easy to put right in the stock buckets, and inexpensive.
2pcs Motorcycle Bike LED CREE Headlight Hi-Lo H4 9003 6000K 1500W 225000LM Bulbs | eBay

@Doce
These are what I have:
5.75" LED Motorcycle Headlights - Model 8690 Adaptive
They are easy-peazy to install into the OEM buckets. Even easier that the DayMakers were.
I have a couple comparison videos that I made of the DayMakers (an excellent headlight set) and the Adaptives over the same dark course.
If interested, send me a PM with your email.

Back