JDuke1980

Turbocharged
I bought a Nexx helmet and had it delivered just before RAA IV. I had the opportunity to really try it out this past weekend in the mountians. I love this helmet. I have the x-30 plain black. Welcome to Nexx-USA

Here is a breakdown of the good/bad. And I have to note, that although it fogs up badly with the modular piece locked down, if the modular piece is cracked it doesn't fog nearly as bad, but perephial vision is limited with the modulare piece cracked.

The good:
It's light.
The built in sunglasses cover almost the entire viewable area when the modular piece is down.
The modular piece can lock up and be worn that way.
The airflow when the modular piece up is excelent.
It looks good.
Provides full face crash protection via the stationary chin bar even when the modular piece is up.
Provides good air flow when modular piece is down if left cracked.

The bad:
Foggs easily
Can't try on before purchasing.
Could have better air flow when modular piece is locked down. If modular piece is left cracked, it has less perephial visability.http://www.nexx-usa.com/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=33

I didn't see a fit chart on their web site. Did you just go with the size you normally wear or what? I might get one of those for winter riding.

In your case jr. you could easily grow a half inch of hair to fill in the slack :D I recall commenting on the flip down sun shade feature and your remarking about it fogging up. I expect that was at the top of the mountain and on the north side of the range. But, when it came to the Dragon and the Hellbender it was awesome. My usual match of faintly smoke shaded visor and a pair of sun glasse weres surely fogged up far more in the Pigeon Forge area. It was quite damp on day one of RAAIV, for the north side.

Last edited:
yeah Rocky, a 1/2 of hair would fill in the gap, that's why I think a Large would have been too small.
The helmet did fog up alot in the mountains, especially when it was raining. But, it also fogged up this morning on the way to work. Over all though, it's a great helmet.

I'm a big fan of AFX helmets. They seem to fit my head better than other brands. I have an FX-16 and a FX-28 (modular). The FX-16 has the DOT, Snell and ECE rating. The FX-28 doesn't have the Snell rating, but it's my understanding they won't rate modular helmets. They both cost around $150.

Back