Newbie Exhaust Questions..

tors ?

available from ?

de cat for std exhausts - 2009 r3

TORS - Triumph Off Road. Available from dealers but you might get some second hand for a good price. Sometimes on e-bay.

I have the Staintune cat delete with mine. Highly recommended. Triumph cat delete also available from dealers - think its called "exhaust upgrade" or something like that. Try second hand too.

Welcome, by the way. You should post a seperate intro so others notice you've joined us.

I may just end up fixing the exhaust sound by putting a turbo on the thing. :D We'll see.. The exhaust options are pretty spendy and looking for used options hasn't yielded anything yet.

Maybe I just need to save up my pennies and set the big girl up properly?

And sure, I'll go introduce myself, I think you guys are stuck with me. ;)

I may just end up fixing the exhaust sound by putting a turbo on the thing. :D We'll see.. The exhaust options are pretty spendy and looking for used options hasn't yielded anything yet.

If you think exhaust options are expensive, wait until you price that turbo...

Hey Canberra....

TORS - Triumph Off Road. Available from dealers but you might get some second hand for a good price. Sometimes on e-bay.

I have the Staintune cat delete with mine. Highly recommended. Triumph cat delete also available from dealers - think its called "exhaust upgrade" or something like that. Try second hand too.

Welcome, by the way. You should post a seperate intro so others notice you've joined us.

On my 2008 Rocket Classic, I have the TORs exhaust that I had installed by the dealer that I purchased it from, I got the bike with 5,100 miles on it last month. These off road exhausts were to give me about 5 extra H.P according to my dealer with a fairly substanial gain in sound/volume over the stock exhausts. Actually the exhausts of mine don't really seem all that loud, sort of like a sports car with not so obnoxious exhausts. Because I never heard my bike with stock exhausts on it, I'm wondering just how loud are the Rockets with total stock exhausts? I take it not very loud. Anyway, how loud is your TORs system? By the way mine cost $495.99 in US dollars. Thanks Mate!!!! Wow, Can't believe I used the word mate!! LOL

or a Carpenter kit...

You certainly don't need to do a full or modified Carpenter engine kit to benefit from their Brute exhaust system - with baffle, the best, proven power making exhaust for our R3s. You will need a proper tune which possibly, depending on the rest of your setup, may be provided with their free-flowing exhaust by Carpenter Racing courtesy of the TuneBoy folks: Carpenter Racing IMO, second best would be the Jardines and next would be Preds, but opinions vary on the latter two.

It's usually best to let Bob and his Gremlins do the work for you!;)

On my 2008 Rocket Classic, I have the TORs exhaust that I had installed by the dealer that I purchased it from, I got the bike with 5,100 miles on it last month. These off road exhausts were to give me about 5 extra H.P according to my dealer with a fairly substanial gain in sound/volume over the stock exhausts. Actually the exhausts of mine don't really seem all that loud, sort of like a sports car with not so obnoxious exhausts. Because I never heard my bike with stock exhausts on it, I'm wondering just how loud are the Rockets with total stock exhausts? I take it not very loud. Anyway, how loud is your TORs system? By the way mine cost $495.99 in US dollars. Thanks Mate!!!! Wow, Can't believe I used the word mate!! LOL

TORS sound a lot better than stock . There are more noisier exhaust systems for sale .. i'd have a listen to a bike with one of these systems on before i outlayed the money. TORS are a pretty good balance i reckon .. mate :D

... the problem is that they use the same, stock manifold, aka, the big restrictor!;)

You certainly don't need to do a full or modified Carpenter engine kit to benefit from their Brute exhaust system - with baffle, the best, proven power making exhaust for our R3s. You will need a proper tune which possibly, depending on the rest of your setup, may be provided with their free-flowing exhaust by Carpenter Racing courtesy of the TuneBoy folks: Carpenter Racing IMO, second best would be the Jardines and next would be Preds, but opinions vary on the latter two.

It's usually best to let Bob and his Gremlins do the work for you!;)

... the problem is that they use the same, stock manifold, aka, the big restrictor!;)

Hell has frozen over, I totally agree with Phil.
Good advise.

Stock exhaust is pretty quiet, best comparison is a fork lift or VW. :rolleyes: Mine had a Staintune cat bypass with the stock pipes for a short while and it sounded a little bit deeper. TORS definitely louder and have a sports car sound. Staintune pipes will give a deeper rumble at low revs and a stock car sound at the upper end. Jardine system is just loud with a sound somewhere in between TORS and Staintune.

As for the "restrictive" header, I've never seen any numbers to compare. I can't see that it would make a huge difference at lower revs - say under 4,000. Some of the guys on here have done a fair bit to theirs and take them well over 6, 7, 8K, in which case a better flowing header is a must. I do most of my riding under 4K. I love the torque low down. If I wanted a screamer I wouldn't have Rocket. TORS with stock header and the other minor mods I've done give me a very satisfying result for under $1,000.

Back