Newbie Exhaust Questions..

needHP

.020 Over
I've had my R3 for about a year now and it has D&D slip-ons and a tune-boy. I really don't like the sound of the slip-ons, it makes the bike sound like a Piper Cub with glass packs from an old pickup truck.

Which exhaust systems sound crisper and cleaner without being deafening? Are there any full systems that are worth the $$ for the increase in power?

Ideally, I'll put a turbo system on it at some point, but for now just a cleaner sound is all I am after.

Thanks in advance

I like my Jardines, but they are fairly loud. Jardine does make some 'quiet' baffles for them though and I am thinking about ordering a pair of them the end of this month. The original baffles are glass packed, and I'm pretty sure there isn't any glass left in mine.. lol.

From your sound description, TORs sound about the same as the D&Ds. I had TORs for a while, and I didn't mind them. But the throaty, deep base rumble of the Jardines at idle and low RPMs made me have to get them.

I went with TORS and Staintune crossover (straight pipe) and love it. Not to loud like the Jardines and not to quite like the standard exhaust. If you want the most power the Jardines full exhaust are the ticket.

I have had a full stain tune system for about 4 months, have only heard thim while riding, certainly not too loud, great when cruising, they make most noise when on the power, I am pleased with the system. I think a little louder and deeper sound than the TORS.

Was going to suggest to look into Staintune. They have quite a deep and non-offensive sound at low speeds but let you know when the power's on. I have TORS on mine and like them. Some say the sound is raspy and it's certainly 'noisier' than Staintunes, but I think they have a sound a little like a Jaguar straight six with a sports system. Imagine a howling E type; that's sort of what TORS are like. Neither sound anything like a V twin but the Staintunes have a bit more of a deeper rumble and probably more to most peoples' liking. But it depends on what you want. If price is a factor, TORS will be cheaper.

There's also Thunderbike in NZ that do both 2 pipe (on one side) and 3 pipe systems. Haven't looked lately so they possibly also do Roadster 2 pipe systems too now. Can't tell you much about them but they have sound clips on their website (or used to).
And Maddogs. They're beautiful and look like what Triumph should have done as standard. From all accounts they sound great, but good luck finding a set.

I have had a full stain tune system for about 4 months, have only heard thim while riding, certainly not too loud, great when cruising, they make most noise when on the power, I am pleased with the system. I think a little louder and deeper sound than the TORS.

Just so there is no confusion staintune dont make a full system only the silencers and collector pipe . If you want different headers u need to get one made to suit but they do plum up to the standard headers perfectly as Motolink has done

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great responses, thanks -- anyone have a video or MP3 of the full Jardine system? It looks nice and does 3:1 like I would expect.

The Thunderbike system looks nice and sounds okay too, but it is a good chunk of change more than the Jardine and that doesn't include shipping from NZ.

Yes.. you can order them through Jardine. I emailed them through their website and they got back with me right away. They had told me $35.00 a piece for the quiet baffles. I have not ordered them yet though. Also, the 'quiet' baffles never go bad like the 'glass packed' ones do..

Are these "quiet" baffles ordered through Jardine? Anyone tried them? Would it be difficult to change the baffles?

Back