New Zard Pipe for the 2500cc

Not sure if someone has already asked this question but is the Zard pipe compatible with the Triumph factory side bags? The bags are a tight fit with the stock pipe.
Yeah I have the zard and the triumph panniers. It fits fine, however alot of exhaust is blowing on the underside of the pannier. To the extent that it actually had melted a good 7cmx3cm patch of the nylon bag material. I've solved the issue by using some heat resistant silcon over the area - its fine now.

Yeah I have the zard and the triumph panniers. It fits fine, however alot of exhaust is blowing on the underside of the pannier. To the extent that it actually had melted a good 7cmx3cm patch of the nylon bag material. I've solved the issue by using some heat resistant silcon over the area - its fine now.
Any chance you could post a picture of the modification. Also, maybe a picture of the panniers mounted with the Zard? Thanks!

1.jpg

2.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Doesnt look pretty, but you dont see the underside of the pannier. The grey stuff is where I tried heat tape, but that came out.

How does the bike run after fitting the Zard? Does anybody have any dyno readings for it?

The Zard website said the bike doesn't need remapping for the exhaust but I'm always a bit dubious about such claims.

Last edited:
I guess they actually did not think about the bags and remembered at the end but were lucky.
The zard price is criminal, nothing less.

It probably applies to most, if not all, saddlebags.

I cannot say I am too impressed with that weld along the top of the cans for a pipe of this price - post #165. It is a pretty decent weld, but still.
Someone on the Rocket 3 FB page had a weld on the Zard that was MUCH worse. So much so he's sending it back. Seems quality has maybe come down a bit. Too bad for that price!

Back