Octopus

Standard Bore
Ride
2015 Triumph Rocket 3
Hello everyone. Just bought a Rocket and rode it for the first time. It’s a 2015 and it is by far the biggest machine I’ve ever rode. I noticed the bike didn’t turn over too easy and I had a feeling that the battery was low. I trailered it on a 6 hour drive in 30 degree weather in a snow storm...best timing. I ended up pushing it into my garage when I got home because the battery was so low. I put it on a trickle for a couple hours and even though the charge wasn’t complete, I took it for a spin. Engine light was on. Could this be because the battery isn’t fully charged?

Welcome to the ownership of the best motor bike In the world from Christchurch New Zealand.

As for the engine light others with expertitse will be along shortly.

Did you have the beast covered or not on the trailer?

The big beast needs a good fully charged battery to operate correctly, has the bike been sitting a while? if so might be time for a new battery also check all fluids, I always change all fluids when I buy any used bike just for piece of mind.
What the blazes are you doing trailing the bike a wee bit snow is good for you:D welcome from SUNNY Florida

Welcome to the ownership of the best motor bike In the world from Christchurch New Zealand.

Unfortunately no. In my own ignorance, I expected a sunny drive to Minnesota in March. I woke up in the hotel to 6” of snow. Total bummer.

The big beast needs a good fully charged battery to operate correctly, has the bike been sitting a while? if so might be time for a new battery also check all fluids, I always change all fluids when I buy any used bike just for piece of mind.
What the blazes are you doing trailing the bike a wee bit snow is good for you:D welcome from SUNNY Florida

Thanks! I just got done with a two hour cleaning and am going through the the fluids now. It sat at a dealership for a month so it was supposed to have had the “20 point check”. I disconnected the battery to install the trickle charge connector. The engine light wasn’t on at the dealership. Hopefully it’s nothing!

Thanks! Unfortunately it wasn’t covered.

The worst thing you can do is cover a bike on a trailer, I have seen it wear the paint off the gas tank and fender with the wind slapping the cover. the engine light will probably go off after a few cycles of the ignition or a short drive.

Back