New to this board

Thats just to many bikes to store that close to the salty ocean air. I think I have room to store the Valk and the Speed Triple. as long as they are clean and no rust.....:D Welcome

Beauties

I live in a place that while standing in a mud puddle (after a hard rain) the sand is blowing in your face (from the high winds). The "high desert" as some refer to it.

I do not envy you the cleaning and detail work on all those magnificent machines. I would just get finished with the last one and have to start all over again. TOOOO MUCH DUST HERE! I also have a 1500 Valk all dressed out. LOTS OF CHROME!

My compliments to the care you give them...also...when I said "neglected" in my previous post...I was refering to the fact that once you start riding the RIII the others will be neglected (as in riding time). To ride them all seems to be somewhat unfaithful...???

If you were a really good neighbor you would buy a new wheel barrow for the poor fellow next door for Christmas anyway, his looks pretty bad. LOL....SB.:D

Last edited:
Honest Comparison

Bill: You would be the one to honestly answer...since you own and ride them both. How does the performance of the Rune compare with the performance of the RIII?

I was seriously considering the Rune before I bought the RIII but was concerned about parts availability from Honda. The Rune can still be purchased new and at a very good price compared to the OEM MSRP in 2004/2005.

Please advise....Thanks...SB.

Bill: You would be the one to honestly answer...since you own and ride them both. How does the performance of the Rune compare with the performance of the RIII?

I was seriously considering the Rune before I bought the RIII but was concerned about parts availability from Honda. The Rune can still be purchased new and at a very good price compared to the OEM MSRP in 2004/2005.

Please advise....Thanks...SB.

The RIII has more torque and power, although it isn't difficult to spin the rear on the Rune.
They're totally different bikes. The Rune really handles well, and puts out a good amount of power, and is definately a bit more rare.
I'll ride the Rocket a bit harder, because it's easier to replace parts if anything ever happened.
The Rune feels more refined, the Rocket is more of a beast. Both are great bikes.

Looking closely at your picture, I see no side stand propping the Rocket up. Wazz wit dat?

I know, the bushes are your neighbors too.....:D

I puirchased the optional anti-gravity side stand. (amazing what you can do in a second or two with photoshop). ;)

And the bushes are mine. You shouldn't transplant a tree in the summer. I guess I have some work this spring. Cuts into riding time.

You can actually transplant a tree anytime. You must move as much of the dirt ball it's rooted in as possible, put a couple of pounds of potash in the bottom of the hole and you have to water the tree every day and it has to be a good soaking not just a light watering.

Evergreens prefer a slightly acid soil. I keep my big spruce and Norway's really happy by sprinkling the steel turnings from my shop under the boughs. The steel turnings rust and leach into the ground and the trees love it.

That's my horticulture lesson for the day.

Back