New to the forum: 2013 Touring in Nevada

WELCOME to the best MC forum in the lane and WELCOME to America!
Might wanna place your location under your avatar so everybody can better respond to you.
Curious, was your headlight OEM?
Thanks for the heads-up. All I need to do is learn how this site works. How do I modify my data?
A good friend melted a piece of his synthetic jacket on his Bonneville headlight. I had pulled up on my Rocket, removed my First Gear jacket and thrown it over windscreen where it also covered the headlight. A mutual rider friend asked if I was trying to set fire to my jacket and when I gave him the ?? look he told me what happened. I grabbed my jacket, felt the lens and that thing was very hot. Never again. I got to install the LED light that is sitting on my work bench.
I just saw the addition to the original post. Some guys have melted their headlight lenses by installing hotter bulbs or covering the light while the bike is sitting stii while running. Many of us have upgraded to LED headlamps which can go from expensive Daymaker or Trucklight lamps down to Chinese knock offs which is what I have. If you have a touring model you can have the ones off my bike for the cost of shipping.
Hi Again, Big Norm. I’ve been reading a lot of good stuff from all you great guys here and getting a good education. I also found that Triumph has recognized the problem and for about $80.00 has a retrofit kit that works on the original light which includes a 4,000-lumen LED light backed up with an air-cooling arrangement.

If your offer of your old light is still there, I think I’ll take you up on that providing it is like new. If so, I would pay you $100 for it, including postage. Would that work for you?

Just send me a pm or as it's called here a "conversation". If you insist on sending me money I'll take it but I'm good with helping another rocket captain out. We take care of each other here. :thumbsup:

I also found that Triumph has recognized the problem and for about $80.00 has a retrofit kit that works on the original light which includes a 4,000-lumen LED light backed up with an air-cooling arrangement.

Do you have a part number or more information on this?

Just send me a pm or as it's called here a "conversation". If you insist on sending me money I'll take it but I'm good with helping another rocket captain out. We take care of each other here. :thumbsup:
That’s why I insist. I will never take another man’s hard-earned pay. I believe that we watch each other’s six and always leave everything better than we found it. You blessed me with knowledge and a solution. I left you a little better than I found you. Isn’t that how we’re supposed to be? Thanks, Big Norm. You have a big heart. Safe riding.

Ygransom, Not yet, but I will soon. They have one over at the dealership I intend to buy today. Would you like a report on it?
WildBill
P.S. Do you really have a supercharged Rocket, or am I reading too much into it? If so, does it have wings and a drag chute?

.... I also found that Triumph has recognized the problem and for about $80.00 has a retrofit kit that works on the original light which includes a 4,000-lumen LED light backed up with an air-cooling arrangement ....

Are you sure about that being an OEM Triumph retrofit?
It sounds like just an after-market option the dealer is selling
I may be wrong - just seems very unlikely to me that Triumph would sell an option like this. (if so it must have a Triumph part number?)

Back