New to the forum: 2013 Touring in Nevada

i have heard of one other that had bike covered and melted the lens on the touring.
i have the classic model and the lens r junk low beams hit the ground 20 feet from the front tire and hi beams go into the oncoming traffic. i have not heard about the touring. i changed one light and know i can see at night.

edit
welcome from arizona
Hi Torbo200R4,
Beginning to sound like I stupidly torpedoed my light. I have a Touring. Thanks!

Hey there Wild Bill. I have heard of this before and every time it has been something placed over the lens. Makes it a pain to adjust the driving lights. Just got my bike last year, bu am planning on upgraded to LED soon.

As far as the good riding weather you have. Up yours. ;)

Wild Bill is not so bad. 58 years old and they still call me Billy:cool:

A good friend melted a piece of his synthetic jacket on his Bonneville headlight. I had pulled up on my Rocket, removed my First Gear jacket and thrown it over windscreen where it also covered the headlight. A mutual rider friend asked if I was trying to set fire to my jacket and when I gave him the ?? look he told me what happened. I grabbed my jacket, felt the lens and that thing was very hot. Never again. I got to install the LED light that is sitting on my work bench.

Don't buy a stock headlight, you can fit a good quality glass reflector and quality bulb for a lot less.
If I went back to a stock bulb I'd go that route. PM me your info if you want the stock plastic. Mine is off of 2014 R3T. I can mail it tomorrow. I'll be gone for a week after that.

Welcome Wild Bill...Don't waste your time with the stock light. I just put a set of the Trucklites on mine a I love them. For the price they are well worth it and plug and play for the most part unless you do the auxiliary lights as well. They require just a little more work. I did a post.

My old light use to fog a bite and the reflector use to get like moisture marks on it. It was crap. I don't have the little park light anymore, but I never used it anyway.

Attachments

• 20171221_150203.jpg
    20171221_150203.jpg
    208.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 20171221_150228.jpg
    20171221_150228.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 1
Back