New R3 owner from New Zealand

Hi guys,I just purchased an 06 Rocket3,I don't know much about them yet but thanks to your site I'm learning lots in a hurry.I want to change a few things like exhaust and air intake...I wont rush into this.I'm still buzzing about the bike as its so frikken awesome.

Kia ora from a half-Kiwi in sunny Southern California!

Yo and welcome from another ex pat. Nice looking bike you have too. Looks like Thunderbike bars to me, would make sense being in NZ and all, but I could be wrong. Just take yur time and get used to her / him before you go nuts with HP. Good suspension and brakes also play a part. All the best and ride safe. Mal.

Yo and welcome from another ex pat. Nice looking bike you have too. Looks like Thunderbike bars to me, would make sense being in NZ and all, but I could be wrong. Just take yur time and get used to her / him before you go nuts with HP. Good suspension and brakes also play a part. All the best and ride safe. Mal.
Thanks, yes good advice..it really honks along but have to keep in mind the size of the blinkin thing..to be honest I sat on loads of bikes when I looked at trading in the Harley sportster I had.. when I sat on the R3 it was love at first sit..
I had to go away with work and when I returned my wife had done the deal and it was sitting in our garage.
I have only ridden it 3 times but noticed a noisy bearing(output bearing it turned out)..this has been fixed by the dealer plus the 30k service done...pick up again tomorrow then the fun and learning will begin.

This should be the mantra for many Rocket Captains, including myself:

"It's not about how fast you can go, but about how quickly you can safely come to a stop."

MotorcycleBraking2.png

how-to-upgrade-motorcycle-brakes-84714-7.jpg

So I get my bike back yesterday and it looks like this..the shop hadnt located the rear brake properly ,so van arrives today and its back to the shop to get new brake line as its so stretched..kinda frustrating..for me and the salesperson that sold me the bike.A rather large bike to be rolling backwards with no brake.

Attachments

• WP_20151118_004.jpg
    WP_20151118_004.jpg
    210.8 KB · Views: 2
Back