New PCV and AT200 Install

sleeves

Nitrous
Ride
05 R3 Std
Hi All

Just getting my bike back together after a bit of a rebuild. Been running triple K&N's, Sec's removed, D&D exhaust. I am OK messing round with Tune ECU and apart from poor fuel economy (re another recent post) I have been happy with it.

I have recently fitted a PVC with an AT200 auto-tune. Ive downloaded the software and have it on my laptop. I have also fitted higher bars involving new throttle cable and messing round with wiring etc. Soon we'll be fitting a header system too.

My questions are should I disconnect the PCV (just use run my old TECU set up) while I get the throttle cable sorted out (reset the TPS etc) or do it with the PCV in place?

I havent looked at the Dynotjet software too closely yet, do you do the TPS setting through this now or still use TECU?

Also is the auto-tune really as simple as it reads/looks seems too good to be true?

Started the bike tonight and it did fire straight up but wet, cold and dark out.

Also how do I know its even working?

Any help comments advice appreciated.

Thanks to all in advance

CONTACT HANSO for the best options re A/T AFR ratios. The ones from Dynojet are useless.

Allow me to encourage you to follow the instructions for the MAP PER GEAR mode.

You know it's working by plugging your PC unto the PCV whilst running.

ONE THING. DO NOT PUT THE DYNOJET WBO2 Sensor in and run without it all connected - you'll b*gger it.

TuneECU looks after some bits - teh PCV with AT will look after the fuelling

RTFM.

CONTACT HANSO for the best options re A/T AFR ratios. The ones from Dynojet are useless.

Allow me to encourage you to follow the instructions for the MAP PER GEAR mode.

You know it's working by plugging your PC unto the PCV whilst running.

ONE THING. DO NOT PUT THE DYNOJET WBO2 Sensor in and run without it all connected - you'll b*gger it.

TuneECU looks after some bits - teh PCV with AT will look after the fuelling

RTFM.

Hi Barbagris

Thanks for reply and will do. Know about O2 sensors thanks and was probably stressing in the dark over nothing as I tend to do, the light of day always helps...

This afternoon went to garage hooked up my laptop reset TPS, cleared the faults caused by all the bike dismantling I had done on Tune ECU then switched cables to the PVC. Noticed a green light on both the PVC and AT200 was on so I'm guessing its working, certainly sounds different and the over-fuelling I've had disappeared after about 20 minutes of running, haven't ridden yet as its bloody cold and I've got a cold too.

Seems a lot faster to load a map onto the PCV than Tune ECU (hope I'm doing it right).

Will send a mesage to Hanso also.

See your in Spain, went there a couple of years ago to Barcelona, climbed San Jeroni, loved the place.

Thanks again

Seems a lot faster to load a map onto the PCV than Tune ECU (hope I'm doing it right).
The PCV is a MUCH simpler device than the Triumh ECU. Simpler tables - less tables - simpler function.

Check the PCV every so often. The trim tables (unless you change it) is limited to 20% in auto mode. By committing the trims the trimming uses your committed values as base values - and you have another 20%.
In the first month or two you can find monstrous trimming in individual cells. I've seen 40%. Might just be one cell where for some reason the stock ECU over fuels. This maybe how one rides as much as anything.

Personally I like the tune/gear option of the PCV. I don't ride the same way in each gear so why not take advantage of having the option to tune the bike differently in each gear. It's one wire.

Hi Barbagris

Thanks for the info been liaising with Hanso and made good progress with the PCV and AT now feeling a lot more comfortable, turning the AT on was a good start...:rolleyes:

Noticed your comment in italics below re the tune/gear and am in full agreement.

Personally I like the tune/gear option of the PCV. I don't ride the same way in each gear so why not take advantage of having the option to tune the bike differently in each gear. It's one wire.[/QUOTE]

I have probably annoyed Hanso enough for the moment so will ask you, does this happen normally with the PCV? You mention "Its one wire" and wiring I can do, but I cannot see any gear indicator input on the PCV to hard wire but there is a calibrate gear position that "should be performed on a Dyno" (for obvious reasons) the bike will be going on a Dyno when I get a set of headers shortly so we will do this then for sure.

I have a table installed now that Hanso kindly supplied it has a set of tables applied to all gears. After a Dyno tune I will have a map with a set of tables for each gear?

Comments advice appreciated.

Thanks in advance again

Sleeves

Back