Hey Bill, good to have ya. I loved the Dunlap D251 tires on my 10 touring. You will as well. Beat the tires you have a bit, not in the rain, then get some new tires, whatever brand you choose

Welcome from Indiana. Glad to have you with us.

Concur with all the advice given.

When you change tires you might want to look at different sizing on the front. There are quite a few threads better handling with a 140 on the front. Read up on it.

Enjoy. PS we really like pictures.

Hey Bill, good to have ya. I loved the Dunlap D251 tires on my 10 touring. You will as well. Beat the tires you have a bit, not in the rain, then get some new tires, whatever brand you choose

What kind of mileage do you get from those D251's? I have the same bike.
I had Dunlop 404's on my Kawasaki rear, which is the same size as the front Rocket tire. They seemed to wear really fast, probably because of the softer rubber.
I just do not want the hassle of having to change the tires every 5-6000 miles. I'd rather pay more upfront.

Sorry about the hi-jack, :rolleyes:

Welcome from NY.

Having flashbacks of riding in the worst wind of my life heading into Boise from Colorado. It kept flip flopping and getting pelted with tumbleweeds in the dark was not fun.

Welcome from NY.

Having flashbacks of riding in the worst wind of my life heading into Boise from Colorado. It kept flip flopping and getting pelted with tumbleweeds in the dark was not fun.

I've driven a number of time between Boise & Chicago and know what you mean about the wind. My worst was on I80 in WY and NE, had the peddle to the floor and only managed 60mph and about 6mpg. Poor old 351 was working hard that day.

20190303_180919.jpg
This is the best picture I have so far, just after a wash, the windshield is in the garage. Hopefully get some better scenery out on a ride soon.

Welcome Captain Bill, from Maine:)

You should also check oil changed last and brake fluid last changed

Hoopla

Back