bw_thunder

Standard Bore
Ride
2008 R3T
Hello Everyone,
I've been poking around on here a bit and figured it was time to introduce myself. My name id Bill and I live in Boise Idaho. Picked up a '08 Touring a couple of weeks ago from an older gentleman that was "thinning his herd" from 8 bikes down to one. Just 6500 miles on the bike and about 250 of that is mine. It came with some extra chrome pieces and all the original paperwork & brochures in a zippered Triumph pouch along with service records for a couple of oil changes and a set of tires. I guess this leads to my first question, tires have about 1000 miles on but dated from '09, confirmed by the DOT # on the sidewall. Being garage kept there is nothing visibly wrong and they rode fine around town but 10 years old make me nervous. Any thoughts? Second question is that he told me it had a factory tune but there was no information on this. I did a search here but everything seems to be aftermarket and/or with mods. Not looking for extra power, at least this season, but would like to know what I have.

Hi BW and a warm welcome from the British Isles. 10 year old tyres..? Would I trust them? Not at all! Buy new and have a bit of confidence in your only link to the tarmac. As for the tune, search the various forums on here and there will be many threads to help you on your way. These will give a detailed decription of how to access the ECU via Tune Ecu and a Lonelec OBD2 cable. I dare say you will have many questions about all the various aspects of your new bike, so don't be afraid to ask - there is no such thing as a silly question! We all have to learn somewhere!! Enjoy :thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Welcome to the family!!! Concur with the tires. On the average tires should be replaced every 6 years regardless of tread-wear. For some you can go longer, but I wouldn't chance it; especially since you want performance out of these tires.
-MIG

Welcome to the family!!! Concur with the tires. On the average tires should be replaced every 6 years regardless of tread-wear. For some you can go longer, but I wouldn't chance it; especially since you want performance out of these tires.
-MIG
I can’t get tires to last 9 months.;)

Welcome to the forum and enjoy the Rocket.

Back