I think the people who buy and put up with the new Norton will mostly be like Ross my neighbor. Not interested in anything Triumph has to offer. He loves Nortons and has several.

I think the people who buy and put up with the new Norton will mostly be like Ross my neighbor. Not interested in anything Triumph has to offer. He loves Nortons and has several.

Good on him I can see how someone would love Nortons , they were a great sounding ,and handling bike in the day and still turn heads today ,

Why its not an original NORTON someone bought the name

Saw the Thruxton R at the dealer today and it looks pretty awesome... can't imagine why it would be necessary to spend all that extra cash on a Norton that seems to be problematic and as yet proven. I think if you need to have a truly cool cafe racer style bike (forget the SR/CX 500 craze that the hipsters are getting all worked up over), the R is stunning!
I would put one in the lounge room and just look at it (I would get all the yellow anodised crap polished off though, maybe even strip all the paint off it and just polish and claercoat that too, it would look cool in a raw state).

Why its not an original NORTON someone bought the name

Didn't AMF the Bowling alley conglomerate buy/bail out Harley in the 80s then Harley bought it back ,by that Rationale Harley is not original either, but the name never went out of production so I suppose the 113 years old claim is valid, BTW Triumph is one year older their first powered bike 1902

Saw the Thruxton R at the dealer today and it looks pretty awesome... can't imagine why it would be necessary to spend all that extra cash on a Norton that seems to be problematic and as yet proven. I think if you need to have a truly cool cafe racer style bike (forget the SR/CX 500 craze that the hipsters are getting all worked up over), the R is stunning!
I would put one in the lounge room and just look at it (I would get all the yellow anodised crap polished off though, maybe even strip all the paint off it and just polish and claercoat that too, it would look cool in a raw state).
ITS 1200CC to start with and that puts it a class up on the NORTON and I think it looks great just the way it is I like the anodised parts and its going to kick NORTON in the nuts

Didn't AMF the Bowling alley conglomerate buy/bail out Harley in the 80s then Harley bought it back ,by that Rationale Harley is not original either, but the name never went out of production so I suppose the 113 years old claim is valid, BTW Triumph is one year older their first powered bike 1902
SURE but I dont think the NORTON name is going to make it worth what they are asking for it What was that price again ?

Back