Josh

Supersport Slayer
Ride
2013 R3R
Hello everyone I'm Josh I have a 2013 R3R that I got about a year ago. It had only 1500 miles. I'm pretty sure it was mostly used at the drag strip, it has Carpenter exhaust and a tuner, it didn't have an air cleaner and the top row of plates in the carbs was removed. Now my question is does anyone know if I can weld the exhaust so it is only one piece. I want to get it ceramic coated to help with the heat on my leg.

Welcome!! We need photos or she's not real... :sneaky: I personally don't have your answer, but you'll find a wealth of information here and I'm sure someone will be along shortly. :ninja:
-MIG

Last edited:
Hey Josh...welcome aboard From Christchurch New Zealand...
The 'secondaries' have been removed from the throttle bodies...(not carbs, but thats ok). This was a common thing to do to pre 2014 models to allow the bike to rev as they were restricted in the lower rev range. Since 2014 or maybe even half way thru 2013, these restrictions were lifted so ...
The only thing wrong with that theory is just cos it says its a 2014 or whatever, it dosnt necessarily mean it was manufactured then...only assembled then.You have nothing to worry about there.
You could purchase a "Ramair" filter...(google it)...or triple k&n pod filters.

Hey Josh...welcome aboard From Christchurch New Zealand...
The 'secondaries' have been removed from the throttle bodies...(not carbs, but thats ok). This was a common thing to do to pre 2014 models to allow the bike to rev as they were restricted in the lower rev range. Since 2014 or maybe even half way thru 2013, these restrictions were lifted so ...
The only thing wrong with that theory is just cos it says its a 2014 or whatever, it dosnt necessarily mean it was manufactured then...only assembled then.You have nothing to worry about there.
You could purchase a "Ramair" filter...(google it)...or triple k&n pod filters.

Thank you Tal, yes the first thing I did was buy a ram air filter because the ducting wasn't there to put in a factory one

Back