Thanks one of the staff members sent me a link with how to do it after I replied to you. Now I just need nice weather to take pictures to post
Welcome Josh, from Spain. I always seem inclined to take photos to post when the weather is at it's worst - or it's dark.

Welcome Josh from another Christchurch New Zealand.

Shame you got ramair. I could of given you my original duct for free.

But you would have to pay for postage.

How much could that be!

Welcome @Josh from one of the Aussies,
The Carpenter system is mostly stainless steel and can be welded but the flange from the head is most likely Aluminium and not compatible for welding to stainless steel.
If you want to cool the header down you might want to coincided having the bike Dyno tuned.
Also Stainless steel is naturally hotter and retains heat a bit longer than mild steel.
Wrapping the headers would be the most effective and cheapest way to reduce the heat on your leg. I have CES header pipes on one of my four R3s and the heat is not really noticeable.
D214753D-4822-4CDD-82F5-C743B3A99E52.jpeg

Welcome @Josh from one of the Aussies,
The Carpenter system is mostly stainless steel and can be welded but the flange from the head is most likely Aluminium and not compatible for welding to stainless steel.
If you want to cool the header down you might want to coincided having the bike Dyno tuned.
Also Stainless steel is naturally hotter and retains heat a bit longer than mild steel.
Wrapping the headers would be the most effective and cheapest way to reduce the heat on your leg. I have CES header pipes on one of my four R3s and the heat is not really noticeable.
D214753D-4822-4CDD-82F5-C743B3A99E52.jpeg
Yes it is SS with an aluminum head flange. I want to fully weld it (the pipes) and then add another hook for a spring on the bottom of the pipe as it only has one on the top and it's causing a pipe to twist and rattle hammering down the aluminum flange. Or just make a SS flange for each pipe. As far as the header wrap I looked into that and it does not appear to be good for the longevity of the pipes especially SS. I will have to look into getting it Dyno tuned. Thanks I appreciate your input

Josh, welcome Captain:) from Maine.

You may want to have the inside of your header coated to lessen heat transfer.

Hoopla

Josh, welcome Captain:) from Maine.

You may want to have the inside of your header coated to lessen heat transfer.

Hoopla
Yeah I actually want them dipped but first I have to have a few members assure me that there isn't enough flex to crack the pipe if I weld it up

Back