Talking about TOOLS

Asian-owned but still Italian-based Benelli is reportedly going to revive the stillborn (in '99) Norton "Nemesis" 1498 cc, 60° V8. Benelli would be in the process of acquiring all the design and engineering rights from Melling Consulting, the British company that undertook development work for Norton (or one of the several litigious brand name owners), without being ever paid for it. Early reports suggest... 340 HP.

If this thing ever get produced, I'll get one. Jamie:)

That is a TOOL

Jamie:

Can you roust up any pictures either of the old Norton or the Benelli big banana?? Good grief, a 1498cc V8. Just the bike for you. Won't Switzerland limit the bike to 100 rwhp?

I'm wondering if Norton-Villers will have a snit about that. Isn't NV still making one off bikes in (aka: Norvil) in GB?

No pics from Benelli. Just a couple --somewhat sceptical-- lines in a European weekly. I forgot to say that they are talking about a 2009 release. Last pic of the Nemesis I saw was in 1999 or 2000. But some writers at the time felt it was just a bogus bike, with NO engine beneath the fairing. And then, as you know, Norton became even more moribund (in spite of valiant marque revival efforts in the US, which I commented upon here last year, and which eventually failed). Will be on the lookout for more details and let you all know.

Interestingly, If Benelli comes up with it, it would be the third Italian (perhaps arguably so, in today's Benelli's case) manufacturer to go the V8 route, after Guzzi and Morbidelli.

I want one (no power limit in Switz;) , not yet, at least).

DREAM ON, regardless:) JME

Story picked up by http://www.motorcycle-usa , under "European Rumors" . The author adds the ref. to Guzzi and Morbidelli V8's that I thought I would be the only one to come up with;) .

Interesting. Helps resist cabin fever, at least.

Melling Consulting Design Co. have apparently continued developing the V8 over the last seven (!) despite the demise of Norton Motors International. From 246 to... 340 ponies.
BTW, Flip, if you'd like to see color pics of the Nemesis, you'll find a few by doing a "Norton Nemesis" search, the one metallic grey bike with the... conspicuously invisible engine I mentioned earlier.

Best. Jamie:cool:

Back