It doesn't look bad but it's just too bad they didn't give it a Rocket-like power plant. Of course if they did that the weak drum brake would have to go and the price skyrocket.

Hondax:

I don't think it's about power. I believe it's about nostalgia. Look at the Royal Enfield Bullet. My lawnmower has as much power. Another example is a 4020 JD. Very collectable and expensive but modern farmability is pretty nil.

Hondax:

I don't think it's about power. I believe it's about nostalgia. Look at the Royal Enfield Bullet. My lawnmower has as much power. Another example is a 4020 JD. Very collectable and expensive but modern farmability is pretty nil.

My focus is hopelessly about power. The Rocket has spoiled me in that regard and I love the attention.:D

I beg to differ about the 4020 as it has found a niche as a jumbo utility tractor and useful for all small fry farming. They are not sitting around idle in our parts.

Hondax:

I was a little hard on the 4020. I knew that would ruffle your feathers (no pun intended:D ). They (4020's as well as 4010's) are used here to as well as Super M's and AV's, but the day for them being a prime mover in intensive row crop operations have passed. They are all fine for pulling a spreader, orchard work or spraying but heavy field work is the domain of FWA turbo'd, ATA workhorses with a comfortable, climate controlled workstation. Especially for old farts like me (and you).

Besides, I'm color blind, remember?

Flip said, "It's unfair to compare a Rocket to the Indian...". I didn't mention the Rocket. I was saddened that a 4 cyclinder of 1800cc was a mere 74 flywheel HP.

I apologize. I guess what I was trying to imply was that the Indian is a collectors/niche bike and the Rocket is a reliable, everyday kind of bike but a bike with a certain flair that sets it apart from a run of the mill Honda or Harley. Not that the Indian isn't reliable, but of course we don't know that, we just assume it is. Other than the website, no one I know of has one, I've never seen one in the flesh and honestly, I don't know if I could afford one if I could actually get one.

It is somewhat sad that 1800cc equates to 74 horses, but in that state of tune, I'm sure you could get a lot more from the engine. All it takes is more money.

The second post to this thread would have been my post, had it not somehow fallen through the crack. In it I implied the forthcoming separation of individual interests between nouveau and retro; relating to the recent Victory Street/Tour thread and this here Indian pony.

I like both. If my stable could feed both iron horses i'd have one of each. The latter would of course be for those frequent poker runs.

Speaking of tools; I hear tell, Hitlery would be glad to here from Strap-On tools. Since she left the White House she's been unable to get home delivery.

Last edited:
Back