rocketbill

Supercharged
Ride
2013 Rocket 3 Touring
My rocket is toast, after a wreck they hauled it to a salvage yard 1.5 hours away and were going to sell it for 500 bucks but then the insurance adjuster was not sure if it was totaled or not so... now friday they hauled it to Missoula because i kept insisting that not just anybody smoking a cig and drinking a beer would repair it. It is at a Triumph dealer now to be scrutinized if it is totaled or not. In a way i want my rocket back but then again i think, will it be stable at speed and what will it be like after repair? I was looking at different bikes, went to a harley dealership and did not get excited about one bike except that new metalflake green paint is awesome. Found a C109rt that is nice and a Kawi vulcan that is nice. Want my rocket back or am going to buy another used or new rocket. Wish me luck.

Hope all goes well for you.Hey i was passing threw Montana awhile back on my way from Glacier National Park. Your state has too many miles with too few gas stations;) I pulled into this little town call White Sulfur Springs, i had put about 500 miles on the bike that day and was ready for a cold beer and rest. I came across this motel that had a pool that was feed by hot volcanic springs. Let me tell you it was the best and most relaxing hot pool i ever expericnced. It went down to 40* at night in August the water was about 90*++ If your ever near there give it a try.They say your only supposed to stay in that pool for 30-40 minutes i stayed in it for three hours it was that relaxing.:D

Pools - Spa Hot Springs Motel & Clinic
|
Contact Us - Spa Hot Springs Motel & Clinic

Attachments

• 0drake2-R4-012-4A.jpg
    0drake2-R4-012-4A.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 69
  • 0drake2-R4-008-2A.jpg
    0drake2-R4-008-2A.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 76
Thats awesome, i'll have to give it a try. Single nite trips are affordable and stress relievers. The pool and a beer sound great.

Mine is for sale at a decent price. Its a 2006 Classic with a new driveshaft :eek: Dealers want to give $6900 to $7000 for trade in value. From here to Great Falls ( The only town I know in MT) is 2190 miles and 37 hours :D

My rocket is toast, after a wreck they hauled it to a salvage yard 1.5 hours away and were going to sell it for 500 bucks but then the insurance adjuster was not sure if it was totaled or not so... now friday they hauled it to Missoula because i kept insisting that not just anybody smoking a cig and drinking a beer would repair it. It is at a Triumph dealer now to be scrutinized if it is totaled or not. In a way i want my rocket back but then again i think, will it be stable at speed and what will it be like after repair? I was looking at different bikes, went to a harley dealership and did not get excited about one bike except that new metalflake green paint is awesome. Found a C109rt that is nice and a Kawi vulcan that is nice. Want my rocket back or am going to buy another used or new rocket. Wish me luck.

RB
you should buy back your wreck and just take apart and sell all that is still good .
I am north of MT but could be interested in some stuff,

Josey i think your just a tad too far away. I might buy it back if i get that option, you could make your money on the engine for sure. Should all shake out later this week.

Josey i think your just a tad too far away. I might buy it back if i get that option, you could make your money on the engine for sure. Should all shake out later this week.

We wouldn't think twice if it was a trip on a Gold Wing :eek:

Gold Wing? I got my 2013 Rocket III Touring May 23rd and have almost 19,000 miles on her. Did over 8,500 miles from sea to shining sea over 33 day period of time without a hiccup and I have a bad back. Love my Rocket! Only addition were Hagon nitros and a Bushtec trailer to haul all my stuff. Looking at a possible long haul seat for next year.
Oh and I have the Rivco handlebar risers. A fairing would be a nice addition too. Still cannot figure out why Triumph has not gone all out on the touring. Poor marketing.

Back