Kurgan

Standard Bore
Hello to one and all,

Me, ex military, been riding bikes since age of 8 and never looked back. Ridden in most of Europe, Middle East and most of UK due to past job.

I had a bad crash ten years ago, not my fault, re built and more metal than metal mickey. I gave up for three years and then got back on again. Since then I have ridden Bandits, FJR's and a lovely Aprilia Tuono but I was struggling to get on due to the height.

I have been looking and test riding for the past few months and narrowed it down to four bikes. Then! This morning went to my local HD dealer and sat on a HD, no good as my head and heart was not getting a buzz. I then tried a Victory Vegas, lovely sound, nice bike, low down and quite comfortable.

I looked to my right and there it was, slid on and what a great seat, the weight felt fine and my mind has been made up. Yes a Triumph Rocket 3. I have previously test ridden all three but to have had the chance of trying all 3 at the same time has been great.

All I have to do is weight and find a good secondhand one. Also due to the lovely Scottish weather returning I will hold off until April 2024.

Anyway I better stop prattling on and boring you lucky people.

Welcome from Australia. After riding all three bikes you made the right choice. Good luck hunting down a good second hand bike.;)

Yeah there is nothing that comes close to the feeling the Rocket gives you but waiting till 2024 is a bit of a wait, anyway here's a
Welcome from another Aussie

Welcome from Utah and thanks for your past Military service. I cant think of anything better to throw your leg over than a Rock, wait, I can only think of one thing better. As for Motorbikes you made the right choice. Why wait till 2024, I hope you mean 2014?:D

Do not buy a bike you should give your money to the Hearts of Midlothian welfare fund:D
Please do not call any of this group lovely I have met quite a few of them over the years and it would give me great joy in chucking them off the Forth Road Bridge.
When you get your bike take a dander over to Glenrothes and I will tell my sister to put the kettle on.:D

Do not buy a bike you should give your money to the Hearts of Midlothian welfare fund:D
Please do not call any of this group lovely I have met quite a few of them over the years and it would give me great joy in chucking them off the Forth Road Bridge.
When you get your bike take a dander over to Glenrothes and I will tell my sister to put the kettle on.:D

Glenrothes!!!! I remember flying past that place last year on my way to Dundee. Didn't stop as I was enjoying the twisty road. However, soon to be slowed to 40 mph when I saw the wretched speed camera van.

Hearts are certainly in the jam. What has gone wrong with British football....... Over priced players demanding too much in wages. It has killed the game. Me. I am a Toon Army lad only up here cause I fell in love many years ago with a guid Scots Lassie.

Hi and welcome from a to-be newbie Triumph owner...waiting for the bike to be available for pick up (early September) and watching the weather slowly go down the pan :( Still, any dry(ish) day will be a good day :)

Back