For Sale New 2005 TRIUMPH ROCKET III - $22000 Craigslist Wisconsin

Given the problems with the early Rockets you’re actually better off, if you intend riding it, buying one with several thousand kms/miles on the clock because it will (most likely) have had the upgrades done. Some collector might want to keep it “new” - although it really should have 0 miles fir that - but not riding it is a bit like not having sex with your girlfriend so she’s a virgin for the next bloke. Naff.
Richard I never had a problem with my mates not shagging their girlfriends then me sneaking in and enjoying the spoils:D

Let's show a little bit of restraint in the comments in the Classified section.

Thanks.

Why knock the guy, I think it is aweso
E to have a NOS bike kept in A1 condition. I would love one but way too rich a price for me but as they say there is an arse for every seat and I am sure somewhere there is a collector that will jump at this for the price the owner wants. He just needs to be patient and find the right group to advertise with.

Well at $22K I think buying a new R3R or GT and not riding it would be a better way to waste the money. At least it is new new instead of old new.

Some day, after we all have sprung from this mortal coil, there will be talk about an old Triumph that once reigned the biggest, most torque, production engine in the motorcycle world. I would venture it would value similar to the Vincent Black Shadows of 1948 - 1952. A "good" Black Shadow has a NADA value of $32K and that is 67 - 72 years later. I reckon that a scant 15 years later, that Rocket is no way worth 22 large!

Some day, after we all have sprung from this mortal coil, there will be talk about an old Triumph that once reigned the biggest, most torque, production engine in the motorcycle world. I would venture it would value similar to the Vincent Black Shadows of 1948 - 1952. A "good" Black Shadow has a NADA value of $32K and that is 67 - 72 years later. I reckon that a scant 15 years later, that Rocket is no way worth 22 large!

Inflation & dollar devaluation adjusted $600 in 1948 $$$

Back