New '06 Classic Only Maps

Pig9r

Living Legend
I went to my dealer today to get my bike remapped for the maddogs and removal of the cat box. Right after fitting them I didn't have much of a backfiring problem however after putting about on about 600 miles it was getting gradually worse. I thought I would hold out for Tuneboy but... so I decided to just get it done. I told the mechanic I wanted the 20054 tune put in and he said the Classic has it's own set of tunes. He had no idea why or what the difference is but he put in the 20097 tune. He said the stock tune I had was 20098. I jotted down the list from the factory worksheet and posted them in the FAQ. The order and wording I used was pretty much exactly how Triumph had it. I asked whether or not the '06's had a catalyst in the box and he said they are empty just like the '05's.

http://www.r3owners.net/showthread.php?t=146

Pig9r I know he is wrong on the CB issue..................I have an 06.....................not a classic.............but from many sources ALL 06 have full catbox...............I bought the bypass pipes...........and that 20# chunk o metal was NOT empty!!

Humble you are probably correct. I just pulled mine off of the shelf and it has a big fat "C" stamped on it. What really has me puzzled is why are there different tunes for only the Classic?

Back