I am on my 5th Rocket now, and Nev has tuned 4 of them (the other I left stock) I am always very satisfied with his explanations, work ethics, and price.
Make the trip, it will be worth it.
PS the return trip will be much quicker.:D

I live in Adelaide as well, if you need a place to stay when your bike is being done.

I am on my 5th Rocket now, and Nev has tuned 4 of them (the other I left stock) I am always very satisfied with his explanations, work ethics, and price.

I live in Adelaide as well, if you need a place to stay when your bike is being done.

Thanks for your advice and your most kind offer Bob:bch:, I will certainly update you as my project begins to take shape.
Cheers!

G'day and Welcome ;) good to have yet another Aussie here. I can speak from personal experience (having ridden Ponters Lush modified Roadster for a couple of weeks) ... bike goes like a f#ckin cut cat .. is smoother than my Standard Rocket .. doesn't make that annoying whistling noise usually associated with exposed K&N filters ... Nev is a dead-set wizard at getting the hidden power out of Rockets. If you go ahead with your plans you will be stoked with the outcome.

Thanks TC, I am looking forward to meeting our local legend The Rocket Whisperer!
I appreciate your feedback, all gold!
I'l keep you posted
All the best.

What are you talkin about. You've ridden with me, I never speed! i understand on the odd occasion i may slip and open the throttler but I'm very conservative............... kind of.........arent i??:confused:

On your 5th Rocket :eek::confused: what happened to the last four :confused: or did u just get rid of them at a certain number of ks

What are you talkin about. You've ridden with me, I never speed! i understand on the odd occasion i may slip and open the throttler but I'm very conservative............... kind of.........arent i??:confused:

I know, I know. It's not you, it's the bike. TC had the same trouble with it. It's alright. :D

In the interests of you both retaining your licenses, might I suggest you don't ride back together. :D

This might seem like odd advice, but... Interstate fines such as speeding are actually one of those things that go away of you ignore them. Let me explain a bit. If you are from interstate and visit Sydney, get caught speeding and don't pay, there is nothing the authorities can do. The normal option of asking the speeder to come spend a day at downing centre or whichever local court simply doesn't work for the obvious reason of the person being a thousand or so km away. If the charge were particularly serious (assault or such) they may be a bit more rigorous or change location to relevant local court, bit for a matter of a few hundred dollars it's simply not realistic. I say this from mine and others-known-to-me personal experience.

I'd imagine the reason they don't simply forward it to recoveries corp is to do with the fact that the charges have not been answered and so there is no conviction recorded to provide a basis for the fine - though that is just conjecture.

Hope that is helpful in future :)

True enough ... Ponters bike is a licence eating fun machine ... kind of like making out with your girlfriends younger sister .. fun while you're doing it but you just know you're going to pay for it when you get caught ... kind of like that .. but with a motorbike :eek:

This might seem like odd advice, but... Interstate fines such as speeding are actually one of those things that go away of you ignore them. Let me explain a bit. If you are from interstate and visit Sydney, get caught speeding and don't pay, there is nothing the authorities can do. The normal option of asking the speeder to come spend a day at downing centre or whichever local court simply doesn't work for the obvious reason of the person being a thousand or so km away. If the charge were particularly serious (assault or such) they may be a bit more rigorous or change location to relevant local court, bit for a matter of a few hundred dollars it's simply not realistic. I say this from mine and others-known-to-me personal experience.

I'd imagine the reason they don't simply forward it to recoveries corp is to do with the fact that the charges have not been answered and so there is no conviction recorded to provide a basis for the fine - though that is just conjecture.

Hope that is helpful in future :)

Everything has recently been nationalized mate you can get caught on the other side of the country now and u will have to pay. Not like five years ago

Everything has recently been nationalized mate you can get caught on the other side of the country now and u will have to pay. Not like five years ago

Seriously? got a link handy? I try to keep on top of these things.

Back