DamonjNSW

Standard Bore
Hello fellow Rocket captains,
I am new to these forums and having read many an article on this site, I thought it time I registered and speak to you all - Hello.

I have owned my Roadster for almost 2yrs, I am now looking to upgrade the motor, it has been suggested to me that the legendary Neville can do a great job with Rockets.

I live in NSW and would be happy to ride over to his garage and spend some time in SA.
Can anyone share their experiences with Lush Racing?
How does the bike ride after the mods? I will need the K&N kit fitted also. Can He tune the ECU after he is done?
My current map was done with TuneECU, I am a huge fan of open source and believe the boys have done a fantastic job with TuneECU. Is this something Neville can handle?

All feedback most appreciated, I am looking forward to "The Awakening"
Cheers,
DJ

Welcome Damon, good to have you join us. Can't speak personally but I'm sure others will chime in and confirm he's pretty good at what he does. Meanwhile I suggest you do a search on here for "Ponters Headers".

G'day and Welcome ;) good to have yet another Aussie here. I can speak from personal experience (having ridden Ponters Lush modified Roadster for a couple of weeks) ... bike goes like a f#ckin cut cat .. is smoother than my Standard Rocket .. doesn't make that annoying whistling noise usually associated with exposed K&N filters ... Nev is a dead-set wizard at getting the hidden power out of Rockets. If you go ahead with your plans you will be stoked with the outcome.

Gday Damon, I thought about it for a while and researched the crap out of all options from around the world. After lots of contemplationI I sent my bike to Lushie. My biggest regret is the time I wasted researching and thinking about it. If you wanta tractable bike, smooth and bags of fun, send it to him and let him work his magic. He's a living legend! Tell him I said gday:)

Hi from the UK Damon
Carpenter in the US do a good kit, I have used some of their stuff, & Bob is helpful.
But Nev supplied the parts & helped me build the first R3 to go over 200hp N/A, then again to 350hp S/C still running some of his stuff @ over 400hp. Now I'm removing S/C he is still supplying me parts & guidance, I just wish I lived a little closer :( so he could do the spannering for me as well.
I CANNOT stress how highly I rate Nev,
I would not hesitate to recommend him :):):):)

Off to see Neville

Gettin' the idea now, DJ?????:D

Im picking up a common thread here, I best get over to Neville and have a good chat:D
Looks like I will be riding over to SA very soon!

Thanks for your feedback, it makes these decisions much easier knowing there are others that can share experiences!
I will keep you posted:bch:

Im picking up a common thread here, I best get over to Neville and have a good chat:D
Looks like I will be riding over to SA very soon!

Thanks for your feedback, it makes these decisions much easier knowing there are others that can share experiences!
I will keep you posted:bch:

Let me know when you're heading over to see him. Haven't ridden to SA so if timing is right i might hook up with you, go for a squirt and say to hi Nev in person.

Back