Everything has recently been nationalized mate you can get caught on the other side of the country now and u will have to pay. Not like five years ago

yep, cost me a fair penny in court last year defending a case in WA. Those WA cops don't have much of a sense of humour. ****** ****'s...... he argued i was doing 195k in a ****in rental car that is speed limited to 180k by the manufacturer. i kept my licence but cost me to get a defence.

Stupid ***t should have done his homework.

a handy defence though, if your going to speed ensure you exceed what your vehicle is speed limited to by manufacturer. if you get busted, reverse your mod to stock and get it tested.

has worked 3 times for me. thats why i insist i don't speed. lol

twice no charge, once i coped max fine and 3 points i think. it was harder as i was in a heavily modified 911 turbo s. MTM chip was removed and 185 k restriction was in place when tested but was a little obvious that i was running two oversized turbos and lots of other stuff that almost made the car die when we put the stock chip in.

the other circumstances were that cop said i was pulling away from him at same speed as he was pulling away from other cars on freeway and he hit 220 before i braked. clearly he's full of **** because there was no way i was doing 340. as he had no proof of my speed and his estimate inaccurate we got max fine without lic loss. we both agreed i may have been doing over 110 but not more than 135. I wasn't looking at speedo as i was watching the road and looking at the time hence my temporary distraction and possibility that i breached the limit momentarily...LOL

Seriously? got a link handy? I try to keep on top of these things.

I received a speeding ticket in the mail got a speeding ticket going through coffs harbour on my way home to the gold coast may be the nsw police handed it onto the Queensland police .i really don't know . These days the police have that much information in there computers in there cars which enables them to sit on the side of the highway and when vehicles pass with any out standing issues the police promptly take care of it .i have seen them drive around car parks and confront people

Yeh that's more often a sheriff thing though (one of those different titles given to power happy dickheads that aren't cops).

I received a speeding ticket in the mail got a speeding ticket going through coffs harbour on my way home to the gold coast may be the nsw police handed it onto the Queensland police .i really don't know . These days the police have that much information in there computers in there cars which enables them to sit on the side of the highway and when vehicles pass with any out standing issues the police promptly take care of it .i have seen them drive around car parks and confront people

Yep our licences used to be from state to state not so long ago so if u got a fine in say Vic and u went home to qld u could just ignore it and u would never hear about it again unless u returned there and got pulled over again. Those times are over our licencing system was nationalized about 4 years ago . A qld licence is still a qld licence and the other stated the same but any unpaid traffic infringement interstate will come up on their systems now when pulled over in every state and if you ignore it and it turns to a warrant it will come up nationally on their system where as previously it was only in the state of issue.

It's actually worse than you think. Due to the huge improvement that computers have brought to our lives a Canadian visiting OZ can enjoy the points appearing on his license here and vice versa. Same in Britain and many US states.

It's actually worse than you think. Due to the huge improvement that computers have brought to our lives a Canadian visiting OZ can enjoy the points appearing on his license here and vice versa. Same in Britain and many US states.

Sure? I received a fine in New Zealand recently, 30 over, no points.

Don't believe any of that it won't catch up with you if your interstate trust me I drive for a living it will catch up with you. The worst way is an outstanding warrant when your pulled over just for a licence and log book check. Was good before the states linked up I was very close to a bloke who had both Q.L.D. and N.S.W. licence you just had to remember what state you were in and pull out the opposite licence. Just pay the fine went for years without loosing any points . The worst is the 3 strikes and your rego is cancelled for 1 year that is in for trucks If your truck gets court more than 3 times in one year they cancell your rego for 1 year.

Don't believe any of that it won't catch up with you if your interstate trust me I drive for a living it will catch up with you. The worst way is an outstanding warrant when your pulled over just for a licence and log book check. Was good before the states linked up I was very close to a bloke who had both Q.L.D. and N.S.W. licence you just had to remember what state you were in and pull out the opposite licence. Just pay the fine went for years without loosing any points . The worst is the 3 strikes and your rego is cancelled for 1 year that is in for trucks If your truck gets court more than 3 times in one year they cancell your rego for 1 year.

Bruce.i received infornation from the department of transport stating that if I had two three point penalties on my heavy truck license in a one year period they would double the points lost on the second infringement .the bull **** they go on with .

Back