need tuneboy help

wilbur-t

Top Fuel
I need some help. Can't get tuneboy to talk to my bike. when you bring up tune edit it just keeps scrolling through messages about initialization string sent, etc. the led on the cable blinks, but it never pulls the ecu # or anything. [This is a different computer than I used before.] I have loaded the latest software and drivers from tuneboy.

If I had any hair, I would be pulling it out.

I need some help. Can't get tuneboy to talk to my bike. when you bring up tune edit it just keeps scrolling through messages about initialization string sent, etc. the led on the cable blinks, but it never pulls the ecu # or anything. [This is a different computer than I used before.] I have loaded the latest software and drivers from tuneboy.

If I had any hair, I would be pulling it out.

I've had problems with drivers too. I had copied a new version of TuneEdit to play with when I was away for several months. When I returned, it wouldn't connect. I think you need to go into the device manager and completely uninstall the USB driver before you re-install the Tuneboy driver. Hard to say, but I think what finally worked for me was to completely uninstall the program and the USB driver, re-install everything from the original disk I got with Tuneboy, and then simply copy the latest version of TuneEdit into its program directory.

Check you data port settings to make sure that you have the correct port assigned.

Also, after you've installed the software and the drivers, restart your machine with the USB cable installed.

Got it

Thanks Dougl and Rat. I uninstalled everything, including the drivers, reloaded from my disc, reloaded the drivers, rebooted for good luck, then hooked to the bike and it worked. I then loaded the new tune edit and the tune I wanted. Turned the o2 sensor off and loaded into the ecm. then reset adaptives and the idle stepper. Runs as smooth as a top with the o2 sensor off. :)

Thanks Dougl and Rat. I uninstalled everything, including the drivers, reloaded from my disc, reloaded the drivers, rebooted for good luck, then hooked to the bike and it worked. I then loaded the new tune edit and the tune I wanted. Turned the o2 sensor off and loaded into the ecm. then reset adaptives and the idle stepper. Runs as smooth as a top with the o2 sensor off. :)

Cool. This is great info. Maybe you could put it in the Trading tunes forum on this site and the"how to" section on the .com site.

By the way, Dougl, I used the tune you had posted for tors and cat removed. Works great so far. No more decel popping, just a little grumble from the pipes.

Is the check engine light supposed to stay on with the O2 turned off in the new tune edit?

I used Dougl's tune also. Loaded it about 4000kms ago and now the decel popping is slowly returning. I guess I will have to go this route too and turn off the O2 sensor to prevent the ECU from adapting. The .com site has a "how to" to install the new version with the sensor off so that the engine light doesn't come on.

I used Dougl's tune also. Loaded it about 4000kms ago and now the decel popping is slowly returning. I guess I will have to go this route too and turn off the O2 sensor to prevent the ECU from adapting. The .com site has a "how to" to install the new version with the sensor off so that the engine light doesn't come on.

Thanks, TO, I'll go check it out.

Wilber-T, make sure you load the tune again once the O2 sensor box is unchecked.

Also did you already remove your O2 sensor? If so, clear the code in tuneboy, open tuneedit and reload the tune with the O2 box unchecked.

Back