My new 2023 Rocket GT

Too bad Triumph doesn't come out and change all of the 2020 to 2022 Rockets over to the shorter stand on their dime. They wouldn't have done it without a reason and that reason is bikes tipping over in a gust of wind I would think. Why else would they do it? Maybe to save a few bucks.

And it's about TIME. I had a rough time parking mine until I bought a 2nd kickstand and had it cut down.
Now I am curious. I have attached a photo of the original (too long) kickstand. Note the PN of 2082353. Can you check yours to see if the PN changed?
The parts fiche lists the part number as T2082654.

There is another thread about the kickstand here: Blowing in the wind - the need for a revised kickstand
I think somewhere in there said that the reason for the longer kickstand was it is a BRITISH bike, and they drive, and park, on the left side of the road. Therefore, the road is lower on the left side of the bike, so, a longer kickstand.

I have attached a couple of photos of my kickstands, the original and the cut down so you can see the difference. (These were taken when I was changing over).

The quest for truth continues.

Attachments

• ks2.jpg
    ks2.jpg
    136 KB · Views: 11
  • ks1.jpg
    ks1.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 13
Too bad Triumph doesn't come out and change all of the 2020 to 2022 Rockets over to the shorter stand on their dime. They wouldn't have done it without a reason and that reason is bikes tipping over in a gust of wind I would think. Why else would they do it? Maybe to save a few bucks.
Maybe Canada was positioned to ban or recall those longer ones. The USA has gotten weak and let manufacturers get away with selling us junk.

I took print out of that fiche page over to the local Triumph dealer. The salesman, who I know pretty well, says he will talk to his contacts at Triumph about it after the holidays.

The 2023 is a new bike compared to the 2022. New frame and other changes dropped weight by 88lbs! I got the Carnival Red.

Attachments

• 3628B37F-8274-498A-9F91-352ACFADC189.jpeg
    3628B37F-8274-498A-9F91-352ACFADC189.jpeg
    81.8 KB · Views: 16
Back