My 2015 r3t fell over

Eric R.

Supercharged
Ride
2015 Rocket 3 Touring
Well guys, I did the unthinkable today. I took the day off and was all set to head out for a couple hour ride.
I had her running and all my gear on and I went to push her forward so I could close my garage door, and as I pushed it, the front wheel turned completely to the left and then she started to lean and I could not hold her back. I did not completely drop the bike. I kind of let it down onto the engine guard so it wasn’t a freefall.
Seeing my rocket laying on its side in my driveway made me want to puke.
I studied the situation for a minute and then I could see that the way it was lying there, there wasn’t anything being damaged. It was kind of resting on the folded floorboard, and my Kuryakyn peg.
I tried to lift it with my legs by backing up to it and I could not do it. Luckily my neighbor was home and he came over and help me pick it back up and put it on the side stand. I inspected everything and to my amazement there is not a scratch anywhere to be found.
I was in worse shape because I strained my back muscles trying to pick this beast up alone.
I never realized until now how heavy this thing is when it is off vertical.
I felt pretty foolish, but it is what it is and I am thankful that I did not damage anything.
I suppose this is happened to some of you guys in the past. Even in my own driveway it sure was embarrassing.

Yup, when the fat girl lays down, she don't like to be disturbed. When I had a flat on the rear, and was parked on the right side of the road (camber), the side stand held it upright, just barely. While I was squatted down next to it, and my friend trying to get to the valve stem, she came over, on top of me! She sure looked silly with both wheels in the air, and me flopping around under it, like a squashed roach!:banghead:

A few years back while moving my Harley Ultra Classic into the garage by walking next to it the kick stand(what Harley calls a "jiffy" stand) hit the half inch rise between the driveway and the garage floor and folded right up.......then it leaned slightly over to the left and there was no stopping it's 900 plus lbs. Lucky for me it was cleaning day and our two cleaning ladies helped me heft it back up to vertical. I'll never try moving it or the Rocket or any heavy bike by walking next to it ever again. :thumbsup:

Well guys, I did the unthinkable today. I took the day off and was all set to head out for a couple hour ride.
I had her running and all my gear on and I went to push her forward so I could close my garage door, and as I pushed it, the front wheel turned completely to the left and then she started to lean and I could not hold her back. I did not completely drop the bike. I kind of let it down onto the engine guard so it wasn’t a freefall.
Seeing my rocket laying on its side in my driveway made me want to puke.
I studied the situation for a minute and then I could see that the way it was lying there, there wasn’t anything being damaged. It was kind of resting on the folded floorboard, and my Kuryakyn peg.
I tried to lift it with my legs by backing up to it and I could not do it. Luckily my neighbor was home and he came over and help me pick it back up and put it on the side stand. I inspected everything and to my amazement there is not a scratch anywhere to be found.
I was in worse shape because I strained my back muscles trying to pick this beast up alone.
I never realized until now how heavy this thing is when it is off vertical.
I felt pretty foolish, but it is what it is and I am thankful that I did not damage anything.
I suppose this is happened to some of you guys in the past. Even in my own driveway it sure was embarrassing.
You just described what happened to me a few months back:eek::eek::eek:, other than my wife helped me pick it up:oops:

Back