His actual time on the dyno with the bike running was around 1.5 hours. He said he's been doing this for so long he can complete a custom tune
quickly. I know part of the $450 spent for the tune was paying for the dyno, the building and so on but it's hard to feel I've gotten my monies
worth in 1.5 hours. Is that pretty typical with these bikes?

His actual time on the dyno with the bike running was around 1.5 hours. He said he's been doing this for so long he can complete a custom tune
quickly. I know part of the $450 spent for the tune was paying for the dyno, the building and so on but it's hard to feel I've gotten my monies
worth in 1.5 hours. Is that pretty typical with these bikes?
Yes i think so, i expect to pay around 1000 to 1500 when they are done with my tune, 500 for air fuel to be dialed in and he spent an hour putting on a muffler i took him from @ozrider which the dyno man really liked because of baffle design anyway i expect 500 to a 1000 for the timing to be set it will be more intrusive than setting afr and will take longer using the program he made to do this. so 450 to do some afr adjusting seems fair for sure 1.5 on dyno but probably 4 hours spent on you as a customer id guess

Yes i think so, i expect to pay around 1000 to 1500 when they are done with my tune, 500 for air fuel to be dialed in and he spent an hour putting on a muffler i took him from @ozrider which the dyno man really liked because of baffle design anyway i expect 500 to a 1000 for the timing to be set it will be more intrusive than setting afr and will take longer using the program he made to do this. so 450 to do some afr adjusting seems fair for sure 1.5 on dyno but probably 4 hours spent on you as a customer id guess

I was there from 11:30 until 2:00, out of that time he was actually tuning 1.5 hours of that. So you think $450 for 1.5 hours work is fair? I'm wondering if the fat spot was to take a dip out.

Attachments

• Rocket Dyno Air.jpg
    Rocket Dyno Air.jpg
    178.8 KB · Views: 26
I've ran out a couple tanks of gas and I'm averaging 40 MPG, that's where I was before the tune. The bike is very smooth, the throttle was "twitchy" at low speed moderate RPM and a bit sluggish accelerating at higher RPM and now that's gone.

One thing it didn't do before, at 80-100% throttle no matter the gear when you're accelerating if I slightly let off the throttle the bike seems to accelerate harder, it's not much but you can feel it. I think back in the carburetor days that was a sign of lean but with FI I don't know what that means.

Back